Iceagewhereartthou
Member
It has been raised incrementally over the past decade or so, following a planned gradual increase, bringing it more in line with other states. Personally, I cannot tell it has made any difference in the overall statewide quality, despite them working on stuff all the time. Having said all that; I really don't see SC roads as any worse than any other regional states roads; everyone seems to claim their states have the worst. For the record, the worst stretch of interstate I have seen; by far, was the stretch of I-26 before and after Asheville. It was crumbling and dangerous for like 10-15 years before they finally decided to start working on it here recently. But in the past year I have been in every state b/w KY and FL, and they all have some pretty bad places.Being that I’m very near SC and have driven there numerous times, I also know firsthand how bad SC’s roads have been for a very long time. SC has had a relatively low gas tax for decades, which is often blamed. Perhaps that should be raised to provide revenue to improve/repair/widen their roads.