• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

RAH is watching:

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...
As of 330 PM Saturday...

Surface high pressure and weak s/w ridging will move across the area
on Tuesday into Wednesday, with the approach of our next system from
the west on Thursday. The surface high will build into the area from
the Deep south, resulting in a warming trend through midweek. This
will result in high temps warming from the upper 50s/lower 60s on
Tuesday into the mid to upper 60s for Wednesday, possibly lingering
into Thursday. Uncertainty increasing by late in the week into the
early weekend as the medium range guidance differ in how they handle
the next system and if a wave of low pressure possibly develops
along the surface front. Currently the GFS is quite wet during this
period, with the ECMWF now generally dry. Will keep low end
chances/slight chance pops for this time frame for now, continuing
into the weekend. Will trend temps cooler, but this is fairly low
confidence at this time, along with the potential for any wintry
weather. Stay tuned

Right now you want suppression suppression suppression if you’re wanting a storm. Without the strong -NAO this thing will almost certainly trend further north. But we don’t want that to happen until 72 hours at the earliest.

Right now you want suppression suppression suppression if you’re wanting a storm. Without the strong -NAO this thing will almost certainly trend further north. But we don’t want that to happen until 72 hours at the earliest.
[/
It would be something if the Carolinas got a significant winter storm outside of the mountains and foothills with a positive NAO after missing out on so many in the nearly 2 straight months it was negative

Man that’s ------- up, ensembles retrograde that pacific ridge so much, it weakens and lower heights in the SE due to shorter wavelengths, were never gonna torch, this almost resembles that marginal January pattern, rains will be cold, wouldn’t shock me if we trend to a strong -NAO right here and cutoffs go crazy with this look 5839DDC9-90BE-415B-B0F2-53E5AE54E258.pngFFD67330-2770-46D0-B872-8F24327E7DB8.png

It would be something if the Carolinas got a significant winter storm outside of the mountains and foothills with a positive NAO after missing out on so many in the nearly 2 straight months it was negative
Well for the last decade we haven’t really had a
-NAO and would still score. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what happens here. Most don’t give this a shot, not because the setup is bad but bc we’ve had a generally favorable pattern all winter and couldn’t score so why think something will happen now? And then this is the one to actually perform when everybody is in the dumps lol

The pattern has supposedly been great all winter for snow here and we have one marginal storm to show for it. Might as well get a big storm when the pattern isn't so great. Not like it really matters anymore. Expect the unexpected seems to be the way our weather goes now with the climate these days. Look at what's been going on this winter in places farther south.

The pattern has supposedly been great all winter for snow here and we have one marginal storm to show for it. Might as well get a big storm when the pattern isn't so great. Not like it really matters anymore. Expect the unexpected seems to be the way our weather goes now with the climate these days. Look at what's been going on this winter in places farther south.
The pattern has most certainly not been great. Not even close to great.

True weenies for saying we haven’t been in a good pattern.. we did have a great pattern for snow in the south and south east .. but not all good patterns produce for everyone’s backyard and you gotta get over that ..everyone can always score in any pattern it’s just more or less likely depending on the pattern ... patience is a virtue but at the end of the day we live in the south and it dont snow here usually ??‍♂️

I had a fantastic today in bear oetfect wx. First, I laid out in the sun in my lawn chair in MBY this afternoon I’m near perfect wx of clear skies, light breezes, temps in the high 50s, and dewpoint way down in the 20s. Then this evening, I walked with it at a near perfect 42.

True weenies for saying we haven’t been in a good pattern.. we did have a great pattern for snow in the south and south east .. but not all good patterns produce for everyone’s backyard and you gotta get over that ..everyone can always score in any pattern it’s just more or less likely depending on the pattern ... patience is a virtue but at the end of the day we live in the south and it dont snow here usually ??‍♂️
I honestly think a lot of people have forgotten what a snowstorm pattern looks like for the SE. Not talking about a modeled 5+ day pattern.

I honestly think a lot of people have forgotten what a snowstorm pattern looks like for the SE. Not talking about a modeled 5+ day pattern.
Maybe we should look at 2010 to remind ourselves of what's possible. Or even just the month of Jan 2000. (not just for the ONE storm either....we had several within about 10 days IIRC)

Back