• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion part 3. Don's Winter Storm Hunt

All I'm talking to myself about today is will it hit 80? It's 74 at 11:30. Hit 78 yesterday. The Japanese Maple put out more leaves over night. About a tenth is in leaves now. It'll be full on covered in a few days at this rate. Hope it's ready for an early fall freeze in March :) T
The pollen count is still not very high right now after the big spike on Monday Tony, but I'm a little surprised it's not.

upload a picture

With the forecasts over the final days of February, it looks like being at a minimum, +10 from average is practically a lock.

This is even more incredible than last winter and honestly would be even if I happened to be so lucky to actually get snow like last year (where I lucked out with a dusting on the back end of a storm). It might have topped the bad mid 00s winters and 11-13.

I was expecting it, even though we weren't foretasted to be has high, but we tied our record high of 78 so far here. If I can make it two more degrees warmer, that would be insane for February. A real torch for sure.

It is all but over now. KATL will almost certainly have its warmest FEB on record with it projected to be ~56.2, which would beat the current warmest of 55.0 set in 1927. It will also end up as the 3rd warmest met winter month on record behind only Dec's of 2015 and 1889, which were both over 57.
Also, they will get their 3rd warmest DJF easily and only barely colder than the 2nd warmest of 1879-80. The warmest is 1889-90, which is 2 degrees warmer.

Last edited:
It is all but over now. KATL will almost certainly have its warmest FEB on record with it projected to be ~56.2, which would beat the current warmest of 55.0 set in 1927.
Also, they will get their 3rd warmest DJF easily and only barely colder than the 2nd warmest of 1879-80. The warmest is 1889-90, which is 2 degrees warmer.
Hate to say it (and I'm just passing it along - not forecasting here; though a slight respite week 3 perhaps (??)):

wk1_wk2_latest_NAsfc_T.gif

wk3_wk4_latest_NAsfc_T.gif

actually belongs in Microwave March ....

Looks like 80 might happen tomorrow that would make 2 80+ readings in feb. I do wonder how long it will be before we see 80 plus again after next week

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks like 80 might happen tomorrow that would make 2 80+ readings in feb. I do wonder how long it will be before we see 80 plus again after next week

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
talk about up and down (though not much down !!!)

Screen_Shot_2017_02_24_at_7_44_39_PM.png

I was looking for pine pollen today. If we get pine pollen in Feb, it is officially the end of the world...or the early signs of the next ice age...I can never remember which :)
Hey, Rosie!! I see you...why aren't you posting? To hot up there in the north woods?? You know winter is missing when it can't even get cold in Blairsville!! Hope all is well with you. Tony

Larry, I hit 79.3 yesterday, making it official. I woke up in mid Jan in the Twilight Zone. I hear the music and everything. I'm headed to the overdose tent now hoping they can talk me down. Larry, I'm scared!! This just ain't natural. T

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back