• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

My temps are running about 2-3 degrees colder than GSP is forecasting. Even with models like hrrr and rap showing rain I feel like this going to be a bust for GSP in some areas especially in the upstate as both models are initializing too warm.

I'm not sure how likely or realistic this scenario is, but models have hinted at a possible on-situ cold air damming developing a weak HP along NE GA/NW SC. If it occurs that could potentially play a monkey wrench in how things develop and evolve.

Latest HRRR FWIW... this is pretty much what I expect across the board.
View attachment 33503
Keep expectations low and then you can be real happy when it over-performs. Got a feeling that this map is going to bust too low. Woke up to 24 degrees and clear here. Wasn't expecting to get that cold.

Keep expectations low and then you can be real happy when it over-performs. Got a feeling that this map is going to bust too low. Woke up to 24 degrees and clear here. Wasn't expecting to get that cold.
Thats what I am doing. I am at the point where I would just be happy so see some flakes fly in the daylight.

Looking to see where the heaviest rates set up, might have to go over to Clayton Ga for some snow wheeling if we can get something to stick! Wish the mountains were getting a foot, that’d be fun on a day off of work!

Back