• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

February 20/21 Jimmy Deluxe Call Maps

First call map from me I made Wednesday morning. Blue 0.5” to 1” of snowfall. Purple 2” to 6” with locally heavier amounts over half a foot above 3,000ft. Black 1” to 4” snow with high end of range near Boone, Huntersville and Raleigh. Red 3” to 7” of snow with high end of range in Virginia only. Outside of black, dusting to 1” including the city of Charlotte.View attachment 35658
No major changes from me but I would Introduce a small 8” to 12” for 2 counties bordering Tennessee west of Asheville NC. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the largest snow amount come from the mtns instead of down East.

No major changes from me but I would Introduce a small 8” to 12” for 2 counties bordering Tennessee west of Asheville NC. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the largest snow amount come from the mtns instead of down East.
Too late. I cut off “last calls” to my Jimmy Deluxe call map thread at 4am Greenwich mean time

Here’s the call map we posted on our FB page this evening. Didn’t do much in SC as we focus more on NC. Here is our website.

Light Blue - There are three of these areas on the map. One in the mountains, another in Western NC and one more along the coast. We anticipate lighter amounts of 1-3” for these areas (lower elevations in the mountains could be rain) but some areas could locally see 4” or so in some of the heavier bands, primarily near the Greensboro to Durham area.
Pink - Snowfall amounts here could be 2-5” with higher amounts in the areas that stay snow longer (further north) and lesser amounts to the south where more rain/sleet will mix in.
Dark Blue - This area will have the best combination of colder temps and precipitation to maximize snowfall amounts. A general 4-8” is possible across this area and some of the banding could drop 9-10” in a few lucky locations.
Green - Mostly rain with some snow on the backside of the storm. Anything from flurries to an inch of snow is possible in this area, some areas near the pink/blue zones could see locally higher amounts.

B76D0ED8-A95A-4801-AD37-17A05FAB9FC9.jpeg

Too lazy to draw up a map but here are my thoughts for the greater Charlotte area.

Northern York , Mecklenburg, NE Union, Cabarrus, Southern Iredell counties could see anything ranging from a trace in the southern areas(Rock Hill, Fort Mill) to four inches in the extreme northern areas(Cornelius, LKN, Mooresville) Amounts could be higher depending on where the fronto band sets up and/or the hrrr is right about the R/S line staying to the south. I do anticipate possible significant sleet around the southern parts of this area.

Union, Anson, and areas to the east could be tricky, they are east which favors more possible accumulations, but also more south which makes them more prone to mixing issues. I think a trace to two inches with locally higher amounts possible is a good call.

Central Iredell and Rowan counties point ENE is the best place for snow in the CLT area and the Piedmont(Not counting the RDU area). Four to maybe six inches is possible.

Final map, lean on the lower sides of these, anyways 1-3 for CLT looks good, as you head north of CLT, things pick up, this area may experience snow longer and plus north CLT tends to do well with these types of setups, so I added that 4-6 swath, note in the foothills there’s a minimum, because of the dry air really oozing itself in in the lower levels, areas south of CLT-FAY into SE NC will likely take longer to transition and will deal with more IP, limiting snow amounts, as you head into extreme SE NC, they’ll be the last area to change over reducing there amounts significantly, best area to be is in E/NE NC where the best banding will setup/heaviest snow, I honestly think @metwannabe is gonna do pretty good with this one 53F8E20E-80A3-4BBF-A10A-F3F80667697B.jpeg

Final map, lean on the lower sides of these, anyways 1-3 for CLT looks good, as you head north of CLT, things pick up, this area may experience snow longer and plus north CLT tends to do well with these types of setups, so I added that 4-6 swath, note in the foothills there’s a minimum, because of the dry air really oozing itself in in the lower levels, areas south of CLT-FAY into SE NC will likely take longer to transition and will deal with more IP, limiting snow amounts, as you head into extreme SE NC, they’ll be the last area to change over reducing there amounts significantly, best area to be is in E/NE NC where the best banding will setup/heaviest snow, I honestly think @metwannabe is gonna do pretty good with this one View attachment 35836
Glad to see we are mostly on the same page, I went a little conservative for the southern CLT area to cover any bust potential.

Latest call from Allan Huffman.
ERNmMnsXsAIqq30

Back