• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Fall Foliage 2020

I went back one more time yesterday and it was amazing to see it was pretty much done now up in the NC mountains already. Lots of leaf drop and most was browned out past peak. The lower elevations still turning were pretty dull up there. It is off to Hanging Rock next when that finally goes. Also I re-edited the video from the 12th for more accurate color grading.

Well something definitely went wrong in the Hanging Rock area. It was moving toward peak and then tons of leaf drop and everything browned out. Definitely a disappointment.

I drew this because it seems like every fall foliage map is crap for our region, and not as specific.

Inside the black: Middle October
Inside the blue: Late October
Inside the Red: Early November
Inside the Yellow: Mid to late November
Below: mid November on

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I drew this because it seems like every fall foliage map is crap for our region, and not as specific.

Inside the black: Early October
Inside the blue: Mid October
Inside the Red: Late October
Inside the Yellow: Early to mid November

View attachment 51501
Not perfect but better than most maps I've seen

View attachment 51501
Looks spot on to me

Zeta blew off all our leaves that had changed so it is now a second peak here and is quite beautiful. We drove up to the mountains and they were past peak in the hollers but the drive up and back were stunning.

Zeta blew off all our leaves that had changed so it is now a second peak here and is quite beautiful. We drove up to the mountains and they were past peak in the hollers but the drive up and back were stunning.

Yes. North Georgia is great right now, surprisingly so. I figured Zeta would pretty much end things. As pretty overall as I have seen in a few years. The drive from Jasper to Dahlonega Sunday was amazing. I went over to Amicalola yesterday and it was great as well. Highest elevations are past, but still a lot of great color. I am guessing that little freeze we got last week helped. Hopefully you all can get out and enjoy!!!

View attachment 51501

I still think this map has the peak too early for much of N GA, including places like Dunwoody and Roswell. This map has them peaking on average in late Oct. It sounds from these posts like N GA is peaking once again in early to mid November like usual the last 30+ years. That's why I think the leaf peak maps are too early.

Keep the beautiful leaf pics coming!

I still think this map has the peak too early for much of N GA, including places like Dunwoody and Roswell. This map has them peaking on average in late Oct. It sounds from these posts like N GA is peaking once again in early to mid November like usual the last 30+ years. That's why I think the leaf peak maps are too early.

How are the leaves looking in SE GA ?

I completely agree with you and plan on updating each zone to the next time frame.

Edit: Just changed it, I was a timeframe ahead. Even in my yard it was peak about 4 or 5 days ago.

Back