• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought I was in weather purgatory!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
To be fair, I was in separate locations :Gastonia 93
GSP for Carolina crusher. I think GSP did ok with the Superstorm, but anybody can tell you around CLT area, hardly got anything from the Superstorm

Any of y'all got an iPhone with the issue of "system" taking up almost half the storage? If so, y'all know a way to lower that?

They are so bad we are now locked and guaranteed to have no snow this year. The deathlies
You gotta at least do a slant rhyme or something! The deceased lies. Something like that.

To be fair, I was in separate locations :Gastonia 93
GSP for Carolina crusher. I think GSP did ok with the Superstorm, but anybody can tell you around CLT area, hardly got anything from the Superstorm
Cedric says “enjoy your cold rain. Bridge ices before road.” ??

Did you expect to have cavities or were you surprised by what they said?

I had a feeling there might be an issue but it was mainly because of my gums. Like I said, never flossed at home as a child and really up until this year (did use the water pik for a while before this year though). There was very little issues then, even with braces. I suppose I was an anomaly then. Probably partly because I didn't drink sugary drinks much and I don't like soda.

I may actually have a couple cavities/problems (I had some noticeable pain on one side of my mouth last month and I was able to decipher that it wasn't my wisdom teeth) but I don't know about my whole mouth being a suspect area. If it turns out to be more than I suspect, that's a big surprise and I might want to go get another opinion.

Holy cow at the D10 EPS IR sim!

View attachment 27882
Haha! We can only wish! Speaking of that '93 storm, not only it was a powerful storm, it was a perfect winter storm. Snow from the Gulf coast to Maine!
Where is this snow storm at? The 21st storm? Looks wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That storm system could go either way at this point. Could turn out to be cold/snowy, or not. Still too much uncertainty to really speculate on possibilites that have a good chance at turning out to be.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I'm going to do some in depth analyzing tonight for the 21st/22nd system. I'm going to come up with some preliminary idea's.

I look forward to reading it. Just a tip, don't go for super-ultra optimistic. Just keep it in the realm of possibilities. I know it is just a prediction and not a forecast.

I look forward to reading it. Just a tip, don't go for super-ultra optimistic. Just keep it in the realm of possibilities. I know it is just a prediction and not a forecast.
This time I will keep it in the realm of possibilities. I know the last time I went overboard, but not this time around. I always find ways to improve from feedback.

Seems like when we get snow in the I-20 corridor it shows up far out in models with a strong signal, it often then disappears and then comes back. In scenarios where we need things to trend better it almost never does. Probably just my perception though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time I will keep it in the realm of possibilities. I know the last time I went overboard, but not this time around. I always find ways to improve from feedback.

It goes over much better if you keep your posts conversational instead of tying yourself down to a forecast. Throw out some scenarios, key features to look for, trends in the models, questions about things you want more information about, etc... If the tone is focused more on learning, analyzing, and continuing an open dialogue, then it won’t seem like you are proclaiming that you are an expert and you know exactly what is going to happen. Drawing a line in the sand like you did last time with your predictions set you up for criticism and having to defend yourself which can divide folks on the forum and zap your enthusiasm. Nobody knows what will happen. That’s why we like coming here and discussing the weather. This is my humble opinion anyway.

Carry on!

It goes over much better if you keep your posts conversational instead of tying yourself down to a forecast. Throw out some scenarios, key features to look for, trends in the models, questions about things you want more information about, etc... If the tone is focused more on learning, analyzing, and continuing an open dialogue, then it won’t seem like you are proclaiming that you are an expert and you know exactly what is going to happen. Drawing a line in the sand like you did last time with your predictions set you up for criticism and having to defend yourself which can divide folks the forum and zap your enthusiasm. Nobody knows what will happen. That’s why we like coming here and discussing the weather. This is my humble opinion anyway.

Carry on!
:):):);););):cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back