• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take whatever falls, approaching 2 years since I saw snow that wasn't a random few flakes mixed with sleet or a stray flurry. Starting to get desperate

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Most on here are desperate. When half the board hasn't seen more the a flake in 2-4 years its every man for themselves.

475d19b90724853d2c08c7ce8dd9ae45.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the GFS (FV3) was supposed to be upgraded? Why is it still having these wild runs? Here it is almost 2020 and these models can't even get a good idea what could happen in the 5-7 day window sometimes. Heck, my predictions can be more accurate than these models lol. I know models aren't going to be exact, but good gracious they can change on every single run even within 7 day window.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I thought the GFS (FV3) was supposed to be upgraded? Why is it still having these wild runs? Here it is almost 2020 and these models can't even get a good idea what could happen in the 5-7 day window sometimes. Heck, my predictions can be more accurate than these models lol. I know models aren't going to be exact, but good gracious they can change on every single run even within 7 day window.

The good thing is, most of the time, you can pretty accurately predict how they're going to change.

:oops:

lmao ok

If the pattern gets established to allow enough blocking to develop it will be easier for you and the models. Otherwise it's a coin flip trying to figure out where anything frozen will develop.

Hope he’s right about the weather, but I thought the same thing.
Every time I see a post with his name in it, I just cringe, like it’s DT or JB, or the October snow index guy!

The good thing is, most of the time, you can pretty accurately predict how they're going to change.
And that's what makes your prediction more accurate. You basically know what's going to happen from predicting how they're going to change - if that makes *sense.
I want to see someone outperform the number crunching of a weather model.

That would absolutely make my day.
Last week I mentioned that there would be snow (before any model showed it) across places like Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee. Even though, I was off a bit on the placement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back