• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
0463dc885c3bf2bd36e4d7ffe4406a6d.jpg

Shots fired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, if you like using your new sleigh in the mud! What a hype meister

New chief met ( that still hurts to say) Chris Justus, going with non-event, surprised, I know
No issues, showing model with no accums, even in WNC

New chief met ( that still hurts to say) Chris Justus, going with non-event, surprised, I know
No issues, showing model with no accums, even in WNC

Related question. Do many of you pay attention to what local TV mets say? Here, I would usually trust someone like Glenn Burns, but him posting that ice map last week was a little concerning.

Related question. Do many of you pay attention to what local TV mets say? Here, I would usually trust someone like Glenn Burns, but him posting that ice map last week was a little concerning.
I don't put too much stock in them, but I do pay attention to what they're saying. I'll always defer to the NWS unless there is some overwhelming evidence to the contrary

One nice sentence: I do believe these factors favor cold more so in North America and Asia than Europe this winter, at least so far.

He seems like a smart guy but he theory just doesn’t work and it hasn’t worked. Seems like a waste of talent to me. Just my opinion.

Definitely sound like he is cliff diving. Kinda early, to me but ok.

To me he mentions two things that continue to throw normals out the window, continued very low arctic ice and very warm oceans. Unless either of those two things change drastically, we are where we are.

I also keep seeing people mention: "winter doesn't start until the 21st." That date is really meaningless when it comes to winter storms or colder temperature averages. Our coolest months are December and January. The last day of "winter" in this area has an average high of 66F, March 21st, whereas the average high on December 1st if 59F. One could only logically deduce that you have a greater chance of anything frozen in early to middle December over middle March. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, but numbers don't lie.

To me he mentions two things that continue to throw normals out the window, continued very low arctic ice and very warm oceans. Unless either of those two things change drastically, we are where we are.

I also keep seeing people mention: "winter doesn't start until the 21st." That date is really meaningless when it comes to winter storms or colder temperature averages. Our coolest months are December and January. The last day of "winter" in this area has an average high of 66F, March 21st, whereas the average high on December 1st if 59F. One could only logically deduce that you have a greater chance of anything frozen in early to middle December over middle March. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, but numbers don't lie.

To me I consider winters start Jan 1st. I know it’s not really the start but the time I really try to look for storms. December snow is rare in my parts in December. January- March it’s game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back