• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GFS just dumped on our December!?
I hate weather! YAY for N.C. , they never get any frozen precip
Really happy for those guys. It’s been over a year since they’ve seen 8” of snow at one time. I can’t imagine them having to wait any longer

You actually are looking good, supposedly the CAD hits your house and moves south and SE. must be some hybrid CAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Color me skeptical, but expecting ice, is a lot better than expecting snow, and getting ice! So we will see, it’s only really 4-5 days away, this Euro run will be the biggest of the winter!

I don't think I've seen an ice storm happen in the areas that the GFS has shown without it extending more. So, it's most likely wrong. If it's doing this again where it turns out there isn't even a winter threat I-85 north while this version of the GFS shows it this close to time, man, this is going to be a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg winter.

I'm going to repeat myself though here as I'm sure as I've talked about it before. 1/26/04 was an ice storm where I received ice and Atlanta saw nothing from what I saw in wunderground history in the past (NE Georgia did get in on the ice here though). Yes, I know that January 2005 had a massive ice storm that affected the Atlanta area and I'm pretty sure me as well (but not as much). I'm not confused here. 1/26/04 happened, it actually was a forecast bust in my area (which caused school to not be called off, which I vaguely remember my dad grumbling about as he drove me to school), and the biggest thing that I remember is walking back into the house, power was off (after my dad had to drive around some because of trees down and what was usually a couple minute deal took a while longer), and seeing my mom, crying because dad was gone for so long.

It's because of that ice storm that my dad said "if there's a winter weather threat, you're not going to school again in this case if it happens". But after the January 2005 ice storm, the next winter storm wasn't for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back