• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget
38efc07f6ab9fc6b34f4f64ff68af0f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had the optimism some have in here. But I cant seem to muster it up. Lol lived in SC my whole life and 90% of potential winter storms fail. At least 90% even in a good pattern. Some of the guys on here roll with the punches and keep getting up for the next one!

I wish I had the optimism some have in here. But I cant seem to muster it up. Lol lived in SC my whole life and 90% of potential winter storms fail. At least 90% even in a good pattern. Some of the guys on here roll with the punches and keep getting up for the next one!
You are well above my average ... :cool: ... I suggest that just watching and studying from afar is better than most any other indoor hobby could possibly be ... plus, most of the folks who care about weather and discuss it are just nice folks ...

DT just tried to tell me the NAO was "strongly negative" during the Feb 12-13 2014 CAD event that plastered the Carolinas.

Actual daily values were nearly +1 sigma. Lol

View attachment 27147

Sometimes he just looks so dumb. Trying to walk it back saying he meant “true snowstorms”.

What about late Feb 2015. Big +NAO.

I've been living in Alabama all my life Birmingham for 27 years and tuscaloosa 2 years now and in all my 29 years on this earth I've experience one actually real snow storm that was the only 12 inch snow back in 93...since i only seen one 4 inch storm back in January 2011 and the rest was maybe 2 inches and an inch or a dusting if that...

You are well above my average ... :cool: ... I suggest that just watching and studying from afar is better than most any other indoor hobby could possibly be ... plus, most of the folks who care about weather and discuss it are just nice folks ...
Not sure where my love for snow comes from. My dad despises it and doesnt care if he ever sees any again. My mom really doesn't care either way either so I definitely didn't grow up with snowlover! Sometimes I wish it was a passion I didn't have!

Not sure where my love for snow comes from. My dad despises it and doesnt care if he ever sees any again. My mom really doesn't care either way either so I definitely didn't grow up with snowlover! Sometimes I wish it was a passion I didn't have!
bend a knee tonight and say thanks that you have them both around ... with or without whatever this "snow" thing is folks keep posting about ... ;)

Trust me, I get it. I live in Lexington. It’s painful here.

I've been living in Alabama all my life Birmingham for 27 years and tuscaloosa 2 years now and in all my 29 years on this earth I've experience one actually real snow storm that was the only 12 inch snow back in 93...since i only seen one 4 inch storm back in January 2011 and the rest was maybe 2 inches and an inch or a dusting if that...
One thing you have on me is seeing a foot. Never been in the right place at the right time up here in SC personally. They've happened a lot but me personally I've only measured 8 inches at any one time. Last year a town about 10 miles away reported 12 inches. I had 6.

Sometimes he just looks so dumb. Trying to walk it back saying he meant “true snowstorms”.

What about late Feb 2015. Big +NAO.

As I've said in the past (& backed it up w/ actual data), the only thing that really matters wrt the NAO & winter storms down here is the type of event you can get, +NAO/AO/-EPO/+TNH usually yields CAD/Miller B storms, rarely see beefy coastals like Jan 2000 et al w/o a west-based -NAO.

Trust me, I get it. I live in Lexington. It’s painful here.
Oh yeah for sure! The snowless streak CAE is on is impressive. But not unheard of. I looked it up one time and after the big dog 16 inches in 73 CAE didn't get an inch or more again until 79 I believe. Then the run from 04-10 was another one. Maybe this is the year if history is an indicator. 5 or 6 was the longest snowless stretches I saw and this is 6 now right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back