• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t keep up, y’all slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

The ICON is showing overrunning that I have been mentioning. Speaking of the 12z GFS, I believe it's erroneous after hour 144. Some may think this possible winter storm is over, but it's not IMO. The low pressure system would be such a dynamic system, many variables/factors are at play. Sometimes these models don't know what to do with such a dynamic system to the point that data has errors. This is why every model needs human input.
View attachment 27088

I have really enjoyed the wxwatch show thus far. It reminds me of how hopeful and wishful I was a decade ago. Brings back fond memories of picking the model solution that was closest to what I want. I've grown to realize that truth is more valuable than fiction, but fiction can be more entertaining for sure!

I've got a feeling this fiction won't last much longer, though.

I would say, based on the GEFS, that if you draw a line from Nashville to Morristown to Emporia, VA, everyone north of that line, will likely see snow in the next two weeks. Everyone south of that line, well, wait and see what January brings.

I would actually prefer the 12z GFS (day 12) outcome. A big snow for my back yard and then enough cold air afterwards to keep much of it around until Christmas. But I haven't meet a genie to grant any of my wishes....
View attachment 27098

I think we're going to get a winter storm sometime in the next two weeks. The models are showing a really strong signal.

I would actually prefer the 12z GFS (day 12) outcome. A big snow for my back yard and then enough cold air afterwards to keep much of it around until Christmas. But I haven't meet a genie to grant any of my wishes....
View attachment 27098

Yeah it's nice to at least get fantasy storms in December. They're fun to look at it. I'd love to get a fantasy snow storm rather than a sleet fest, but I'm just being picky now....

1575566897297.png

View attachment 27098
We toss that dumpster fire! Jimmy gets more snow than me!??

It’s nice of the models to keep throwing out false hope as we head into Christmas! Feliz Navidad!

Get it within 72hrs and I’m interested, been pooped on too many times to get sucked in this far out. I love the possibilities like most so don’t get me wrong.

Reactions: IWC
Get it within 72hrs and I’m interested, been pooped on too many times to get sucked in this far out. I love the possibilities like most so don’t get me wrong.

Well, if it was just one storm showing up on one model, then I would be more cautious to think we're going to get something. But when we have multiple storms showing up on different models at different times, and sometimes this one shows it, and then it doesn't, but then another one shows it, and we keep going back and forth, I think's it's actually a better sign that eventually one of those chances will happen within the next couple of weeks.

Well, if it was just one storm showing up on one model, then I would be more cautious to think we're going to get something. But when we have multiple storms showing up on different models at different times, and sometimes this one shows it, and then it doesn't, but then another one shows it, and we keep going back and forth, I think's it's actually a better sign that eventually one of those chances will happen within the next couple of weeks.

I agree, if I was in North Carolina I would be pumped. It takes a little more for us Deep South brothers. I am always pulling for a winter storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back