• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems as though the Euro passed its weenie off to the 6Z GFS! Now GFS is king! ???????

Seems as though the Euro passed its weenie off to the 6Z GFS! Now GFS is king! ???????
Don’t you know! First the GFS shows it, then the Euro, then the NAVGEM, then the JMA, then the ICON? Then the NAVGEM loses it only for the storm to come back to the Euro. Always in this sequence.

Don’t you know! First the GFS shows it, then the Euro, then the NAVGEM, then the JMA, then the ICON? Then the NAVGEM loses it only for the storm to come back to the Euro. Always in this sequence.
First local met to mention it..... Go!
CJ

Even the worst model in the world knows where the rain/snow line is supposed to be:

View attachment 27065:
and to add insult to injury we are on the SE edge this far out, you know the NW trend is real and lurking right around the corner

I just moved 14 posts to the whamby thread. Think before you post folks. If you have a funny reply that you are dying to post, hit the +quote button and post it in the whamby thread. For those who repeatedly post banter in this thread, you will be locked out of it for a week.
You do fine work sir...

I know you're trying to be funny as usual and mock me, but if you actually stop trying to be sarcastic all the time you would realize that the back and forth happens a lot when we have a strong storm signal.

I know you're trying to be funny as usual and mock me, but if you actually stop trying to be sarcastic all the time you would realize that the back and forth happens a lot when we have a strong storm signal.
Well at least the sarcasm was posted in the correct thread. With that being said y'all are walking a fine line between being funny and personal attacks, be wary of those too. Thanks

It's not that you are necessarily wrong, but you say the same thing over and over and over. Every year. Just like the sarcasm annoys you, the constantly saying the exact same thing over and over and over and over is silly and annoying to others. You can make a good point once or twice. People are smart enough to understand it.

Imo the whamby thread is like the political thread, in that, it is very topic specific and if you don't want to see/read it then you don't have to view the thread. Don't like politics, stay out of the political thread, don't like sarcasm, stay out of the whamby thread

To be fair, H5 has no consistency whatsoever. Usually the back and forth you speak of is small compared to what we are seeing with this potential system. The setup and flow keeps changing every 2 runs. While I admit we are getting closer, there is a lot that needs to happen to get something wintry.

As a side note, not everything is directed at you specifically. If anything, the sarcasm right now is directed at the idea of certainty of a massive snowstorm with little backing it up. Not everything is personal. If its directed directly at you and is persistent or over the top we as moderators can stop it. At the same time try not to provoke anyone. This goes for everyone really. If we do see a system arise out of this we are going to get stricter on what goes where and sarcasm on main threads will be deleted or moved as mentioned previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back