• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know B Rad can’t get a CLT snow forecast, but now he’s busting on his Green Bay forecast! He said there could be a flurry during the game!?? Good job Brad!! GOAT???????

JB still thinks it’s going to get cold, so we have Grit and JB VS the world? Still can’t tell what AM thinks but it seems like his is a little optimistic about this year. From what I can tell it seems like he think a backloaded winter. I’m kinda leaning that way as well with my 0 years of meteorology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m rooting for you man, Dallas snow is I always a good sign for snow in my area a few days later.

Thanks

And honestly i didnt mind the first couple years because snow is rare here until people to the south like Corpus Christi and Houston got snow... More than once now. Thats what i haven't gotten past

I know they will say oh its even more special for them and our snow is much more likely than theirs but I've waited 2 winters now to make up for that

Thanks

And honestly i didnt mind the first couple years because snow is rare here until people to the south like Corpus Christi and Houston got snow... More than once now. Thats what i haven't gotten past

I know they will say oh its even more special for them and our snow is much more likely than theirs but I've waited 2 winters now to make up for that
I present to you February 1895 on Valentine’s Day... Houston got 20 inches of snow while Galveston got 15 inches ! Yep ! Has Dallas done that ever ? I don’t think so ? Houston Texas ...record snowfall from one storm ... similar to raleigh a whole 5 degrees further north ! That’s incredible

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacecityweather.com/houston-snow-1895-galveston/amp/

I present to you February 1895 on Valentine’s Day... Houston got 20 inches of snow while Galveston got 15 inches ! Yep ! Has Dallas done that ever ? I don’t think so ? Houston Texas ...record snowfall from one storm ... similar to raleigh a whole 5 degrees further north ! That’s incredible

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacecityweather.com/houston-snow-1895-galveston/amp/

Lol nope 11 inches is the record here... February 2010 from an unexpected snowstorm no less

I dont think Atlanta has ever had 10" in a single storm even though practically every city surrounding Atlanta has, including Birmingham, Chattanooga, Augusta and Macon.

Brent, it was expected, but not as much as yall got. A strong-nao winter

I wasnt here then but reading back it was gonna be about an inch of slush that went to rain the schools opened and only after that did things escalate it never went to rain

09-10 also had another snowstorm on the first day of spring that was a good winter

I wasnt here then but reading back it was gonna be about an inch of slush that went to rain the schools opened and only after that did things escalate it never went to rain

09-10 also had another snowstorm on the first day of spring that was a good winter
It shows you how difficult it is for winter weather in the south. Hey, move to jonesboro. Its a nice city. We play golf alot lol. I live on a golf course. I dont hit it too far off the tee, but usually straight.

The march 2015 event was nice for my area. I got 8-9 inches snow and 2 inches sleet and a little fzr at beginning. Snow drifts were up to the middle of my tires. We would have had easily 15-18 inches snow but the warm nose was tough to overcome due to sw flow. Kentucky stayed all snow and 26 inches was reported in kadaz Kentucky I believe.

JB still thinks it’s going to get cold, so we have Grit and JB VS the world? Still can’t tell what AM thinks but it seems like his is a little optimistic about this year. From what I can tell it seems like he think a backloaded winter. I’m kinda leaning that way as well with my 0 years of meteorology.

I think sometimes, being purposefully vague is a strategy. You know you have a ton of followers, most of whom don't understand reverse poleward -VP torque inversion stingers. No reason you can't say the really smart sounding things and then go on and spell it out for the 98% of the people who would find it helpful. I guess maybe you just don't want to be on the hook for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back