• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

CMC is trying but still need that energy to dig further west
1d898be790a90a015623b4542ceb3024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look out folks, the 12Z GEFS is becoming more bullish for subsequent cold after next week’s cold! Unlike yesterday’s 18Z GEFS, which did NOT support its operational, the 12Z GEFS sort of is supporting its colder operational. Maybe next week’s cold is not the last strong shot:

40CC790A-626C-4649-844E-E50AAAAC97E6.png5F3D5FD1-84E0-46BB-A79D-CB3DF2577905.png

My map is a 24 hour snowfall ending at hour 288. One of your maps is of snow depth, not snowfall. Also, one of your maps ends at hour 360 (the 15 day snowfall). Finally, different sources employ different formulas to calculate snowfall. (You know that.)

Edit: My map shows only greater than 0.50”

30A2BC81-237D-4CB0-A571-D60E7CE1F966.png

Look out folks, the 12Z GEFS is becoming more bullish for subsequent cold after next week’s cold! Unlike yesterday’s 18Z GEFS, which did NOT support its operational, the 12Z GEFS sort of is supporting its colder operational. Maybe next week’s cold is not the last strong shot:

View attachment 36142View attachment 36143
Faucet has been on all winter. Just hope it don’t get cut off now lol

My map is a 24 hour snowfall ending at hour 288. One of your maps is of snow depth, not snowfall. Also, one of your maps ends at hour 360 (the 15 day snowfall). Finally, different sources employ different formulas to calculate snowfall. (You know that.)

Edit: My map shows only greater than 0.50”

View attachment 36147
Sure one of them ends later, but that's because I wanted to show a bit beyond the timeframe to justify that it's not shown. Snow depth I also know is different, but with 3" on that map it looks like a joke if there is nothing on even the snow depth map. Atop that, soundings do not support snowfall as depicted on that map. The DGZ is too dry, thus it's anafrontal and cold chasing moisture. I don't think those maps have an accurate calculation of snowfall.

Some noise for late next week . But that’s all it it at this point
6d05a64e8d817f9bd9d95513ca347e2d.plist

It would have to tap gulf moisture in order to be a event outside the mountains

Sure one of them ends later, but that's because I wanted to show a bit beyond the timeframe to justify that it's not shown. Snow depth I also know is different, but with 3" on that map it looks like a joke if there is nothing on even the snow depth map. Atop that, soundings do not support snowfall as depicted on that map. The DGZ is too dry, thus it's anafrontal and cold chasing moisture. I don't think those maps have an accurate calculation of snowfall.

I don’t think any clown maps are accurate to be honest. I think you’re right though that my source’s map likely is showing too much snowfall in N GA in this case.

But the idea was to show that it had snow falling, not the exact amount.

Back