• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Even ATL gets in on it? Sounding from KATL.
sn10_acc.us_se.png
KATLsou.png

It's either going to end up (future runs) spinning pieces of energy out for a long duration overrunning event or cutoff completely and hold back leaving us high and dry.

If you take the wet pattern we have been in since November, I'd put my money on having precip instead of being left high and dry. Precip hasn't been lacking at all this winter.

Note how much snow there is from a very weak surface low that hardly even closes. Many of the bigest SE snow were associated with very weak low pressure/overrunning. This one is 1019-20 mb:

View attachment 34120
Most of the SE, but some of us up in central and eastern NC could benefit from a coastal bomb.

It’s going to have to be a weak wave to put both sides of the mountains in play. No way around that

It's either going to end up (future runs) spinning pieces of energy out for a long duration overrunning event or cutoff completely and hold back leaving us high and dry.

With as wet as it's been this Winter with systems coming through at least every couple of days, I'd bet on the long duration event?

Back