• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

If we can dig the first initial trough some more and slow it some more, and suppress the SE ridge some (hard task) then we can overall supress the pattern to less WAA aloft and turn this into a really good look
Overall at this range I’ll take that look I mean at the end of the day we’re always going to have to deal with some sort of warm nose here comes with the territory unfortunately

If we can dig the first initial trough some more and slow it some more, and suppress the SE ridge some (hard task) then we can overall supress the pattern to less WAA aloft and turn this into a really good look
Yeah it'll be hard for us to get into the meaty stuff in this setup. Initial moisture surge and upper trough passage would be our only real chance to score. I'd be full of rage but in the end it would snow so you can only be so disappointed

Yep there’s that i85 line. Idk why I even bother coming here every winter. Why can’t it be below that line just once.
Need help from the nao or the western ridge to be a little more east. We've done well in similar setups this past decade but when not many miles east/west of the western ridge axis or north/south on the amplitude making a huge difference we are going to win some lose some

Need help from the nao or the western ridge to be a little more east. We've done well in similar setups this past decade but when not many miles east/west of the western ridge axis or north/south on the amplitude making a huge difference we are going to win some lose some
I would like to see a map or an example of what it would take for those of us well under 1-85 to score lol. Seems like in the 90s we scored a lot but not anymore.

Reactions: SD
I’m not holding my breath on this system. The GFS is the only model that agrees on something + it’s 10-12 days out. There’s so much uncertainty that unless we get a wide agreement, then it’s just noise.
The euro probably would have had something past D10 but it likely would have been west/Miller b. Until the initial trough gets ironed out the rest like you said is just noise

I’m not holding my breath on this system. The GFS is the only model that agrees on something + it’s 10-12 days out. There’s so much uncertainty that unless we get a wide agreement, then it’s just noise.
What is consistent is the ensembles showing a strong cold blast. They're strengthening as each run happens on the GEFS. It's just down to energy really.

Sheesh … if the euro jumps on board .. maybe this could warrant an actual thread soon .. I mean every model cycle were all just going to be glued to this time period 54A7AA36-AD83-4D31-BFC2-97A63F8B6E4E.jpeg4E9336BD-452C-4975-9DF7-9031E7A3459E.jpeg

Back