• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

I thought upper 30s CAD wasn’t going to verify … it’s down right COLD out there .. have more time to warm up and we will probably go lower 40s but still! I was stoned for thinking this cold wedge was possible
You said yesterday it was gon be 30s lol. 45 today is my prediction .

I thought upper 30s CAD wasn’t going to verify … it’s down right COLD out there .. have more time to warm up and we will probably go lower 40s but still! I was stoned for thinking this cold wedge was possible
Yeah not sure how much low cloudiness is going to be trapped but clearing is getting into the foothills now. May have just enough sun late to get up to 45-50 but we will see. Either way today is 100% a winter look/feel outside

Yeah not sure how much low cloudiness is going to be trapped but clearing is getting into the foothills now. May have just enough sun late to get up to 45-50 but we will see. Either way today is 100% a winter look/feel outside
Yeah, low clouds/fog/drizzle seems to be setting in atm, very wedgy out. Going to be close I think

When you escape the SE but can't escape the rain snow line @Tarheel1 View attachment 97195
I know! Nothing but backend flurries for me on Friday night! ? I’ve been watching all week, GFS has been pretty consistent with this track, I need a SE trend in the worst way! I think NAMs are coming in a little South of GFS, I thought I was never gonna have to worry about rain /mix line again! 2 counties to my N, are already under winter storm watch!

If we can moderate the week of Christmas or potentially get a CAD look to appear that would be great for the holiday. Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas if we are in the 60's and 70's.
Will say that the 6Z GFS and GEFS had us in the upper 40's low 50's for the week of Christmas so hopefully that becomes sustainable on the models.

GFS really getting a -NAO look Christmas week. Can see the hammer of cold air pushing SE but it's already in the lower 50's for highs.

One thing about this pattern is although we have a SER, as we start progressing into a pattern change which looks like the week of Christmas is when you're seeing the pieces come together, it starts to progress into a -NAO. Luckily for us east of the mountains when this starts happening you see a lot of CAD which is what keeps us in the upper 40's and lower 50's. You stay above average because the lows and highs are roughly within a few degrees of each other but you don't torch either.

1638983525431.png

Back