• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

RollTide18 link said:
But Spann said the cold may come back later in Jan into Feb  ;D
JHS said it won't get below 35 degrees in MS,GA, and SC, until atleast February, and he's never been wrong!! :)

Happy new year from the weeklies
977f1f15f9c0af55823a8836c4bb6141.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I won't be watching the 00z gfs tonight . It will no doubt be a disappointment compared to the 18z run . We probably won't see another run like that this winter. that block was sick. I'll be looping the 18z 500 mb at 930 as the 00z rolls out

Storm5 link said:
I won't be watching the 00z gfs tonight . It will no doubt be a disappointment compared to the 18z run . We probably won't see another run like that this winter. that block was sick. I'll be looping the 18z 500 mb at 930 as the 00z rolls out

HAHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:

Not much difference through 138 vs the 18z run.  I'm not going to stay up but that's a good start

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Things must be good if WxSouth is coming out of retirement.

https://twitter.com/WxSouth/status/812108235570298884

0z GFS not as great! Still decent, but not as cold, no real fantasy storms

accu35 link said:
[quote author=Tarheel1 link=topic=2.msg3126#msg3126 date=1482470922]
0z GFS not as great! Still decent, but not as cold, no real fantasy storms
oz GFS was great, more energy
[/quote]
Not as cold

For now, the increasingly poleward north Pacific anticyclone has stopped in the EPS, but continues on in the GEFS, and overall the look on GEFS & EPS continues to improve in early january as the Canadian Rockies are seeded with incredibly cold, siberian air beginning late next week & beyond... There's definitely been a non-negeligible trend towards a larger far north Atlantic/Greenland block after the new year over the past day or two. The trough that will bring us a transient, continental polar airmass around New Year's eve should help kick off a major anticyclonic wave break in the far north Atlantic that may eventually set off this Greenland block during the first week of January. Something worth watching over the coming days...

output_xwyHZi.gif

output_tAqGpl.gif

Storm, after last nights runs, you won't have to worry about that trade in!0z euro and 6z GFS , I'm referring! :)

Webberweather53 link said:
For now, the increasingly poleward north Pacific anticyclone has stopped in the EPS, but continues on in the GEFS, and overall the look on GEFS & EPS continues to improve in early january as the Canadian Rockies are seeded with incredibly cold, siberian air beginning late next week & beyond... There's definitely been a non-negeligible trend towards a larger far north Atlantic/Greenland block after the new year over the past day or two. The trough that will bring us a transient, continental polar airmass around New Year's eve should help kick off a major anticyclonic wave break in the far north Atlantic that may eventually set off this Greenland block during the first week of January. Something worth watching over the coming days...

output_xwyHZi.gif

output_tAqGpl.gif
that will be interesting for sure . I'm still very sceptical of the NAO developing. But a wave break as you said could at least help kick it off

Tarheel1 link said:
Storm, after last nights runs, you won't have to worry about that trade in!0z euro and 6z GFS , I'm referring! :)
just looked lol. Safe till 12z .....

The cutoff off of the west coast will be a big player for the first week of January. The gfs retrogrades it under the ridge building into AK the euro crashes it into the west coast. The euro solution would result in a quickly moderating pattern across the country the gfs would support a cooler look

If the energy near Vegas at 210 doesn't cutoff weenie run incoming

Back