• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Not a bad look if you live in the Great Plains View attachment 9379

Gefs looks much better
f18945c2bf038a185f58b12c6d75d6e9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z euro is close to a nice overrunning event for the western part of the southeast the 30th-31st. Verbatim it’s cold rain with temps in the mid to upper 30s . Plenty of cold in the plains to tap . Could be an interesting start to the new year for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Areas may be suprised with some hail tommorow with cold air aloft where stronger updrafts develop and still leftover 20-30kt of bulk shear.
View attachment 9358

You called it, haha! Got a burst of small hail just now in Hillsborough, a few rumbles of thunder too. What was interesting was the quick nature of it- just light rain immediately before and after. Likely a product of the nature of the hail forming as you described, and the quick motion/small size of the updraft.

Some gusty winds creating a little havoc today... I've been keeping a check of the power outage map for NC and in just the last hour it's gone from 4k to over 13k without power in the state.

Yeah, got some small hail and gusty winds here in Salisbury a few hours ago, only lasted about 6 minutes, go from convective showers in the piedmont/foothills to snow breaking out in the mountains, typical ULL/nc weather

Back