• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe December 28th -new years possible severe weather event.

True, Hrrr shows some nasty supercells in a few hours. Wonder if a mesoscale discussion will pop up soon.
I think I found the reason. While helicity is on the lower side, the models are getting sbcape to near 3000 with 3km Cape 150-200 with monster low level lapse rates. Basically compensating the low helicity. I’m still not convinced, but this should be interesting

1640874550277.png

I think I found the reason. While helicity is on the lower side, the models are getting sbcape to near 3000 with 3km Cape 150-200 with monster low level lapse rates. Basically compensating the low helicity. I’m still not convinced, but this should be interesting

View attachment 99899
Watch there be a mini tornado outbreak today rather than yesterday ? lol

Another thing to consider is the UH products are 2-5km. So because of the robust updrafts, we may see some very strong signatures aloft, yet never or rarely reach the surface due to the very meager low level helicity.

Another thing to consider is the UH products are 2-5km. So because of the robust updrafts, we may see some very strong signatures aloft, yet never or rarely reach the surface due to the very meager low level helicity.
Cell near Canton is rapidly starting to gain strength and rotate. Our answer may be here.

Reed timmer did a briefing. Just a low end tornado threat. He's targeting mid alabama I think then hes surveying the calera damage.
Weather is weird sometimes. I've seen little days produce big lol. Don't expect much today but, we might be surprised.

Weather is weird sometimes. I've seen little days produce big lol. Don't expect much today but, we might be surprised.
I'm not very "weather smart" so I usually go by what the professionals say lol. Reed is a go to. He seems to understand mother nature quite well. You are right though, mother nature is mother nature, shes hard to predict.

This cells lighting has picked up a bunch. Rotation is becoming more defined. Very good structure. Screenshot_20211230-094038.pngScreenshot_20211230-094031.png

Looks like the rotation is tight. But on the weaker side for the calera storm. Developing a hook and continuing to get stronger. Best storm on radar right now.Screenshot_20211230-094644.pngScreenshot_20211230-094658.png

Tornado warning is needed near calera storm. Definitely tight rotation.

Back