• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe December 28th -new years possible severe weather event.

Watched from my work camera's in buford. looked like a good amount of wind and lightning,rain intense for a few mins.. At home in winder waiting

Last edited:
Looks like the southern shift verified again. Something to really remember in Spring.
FACTS RIGHT THERE, AS WITH THIS LAST SPRING WHEN NORTH ALABAMA WAS SUPOSED TO GET HIT, ALL METS WE FOCUSED ON THAT AND ALL HELL BROKE LOSE TO THE SOUTH AND CAUGHT THEM OFF GUARD.. HRRR AND NAM SHOWED IT

Lightning picking up out front here. This line is knocking on my door. What should we expect here in the upstate?

1e9284531346ab963c5cebff56b020cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep that was the one.... They have damage in Russellville reported the theater as being gone. Haven't heard confirmation yet, but I won't understand why they never warned that cell. At the minimum SVR..... NWS-Hun is normally better than that especially when the metro area isn't at risk.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Still a decent severe weather threat today. Just taking a look at the updraft swaths. 20211230_074721.png

Not just the HRRR but both WRFs show about the same, more UH than yesterday. I’m not sure what they are seeing though.
Models have been a bit wacky. Maybe they hit there head?. Lol if true you may get some stuff near your area. I'll have to keep a eye on it though cause I have family Northwest of Montgomery

Models have been a bit wacky. Maybe they hit there head?. Lol if true you may get some stuff near your area. I'll have to keep a eye on it though cause I have family Northwest of Montgomery
I’m gonna say they are off their rocker because the environment isn’t there, but I’m not gonna completely turn a blind eye to it. The WRFs are really good at this range and whatever they are seeing needs to be watched.

Looks like we will know by lunch time.

I’m gonna say they are off their rocker because the environment isn’t there, but I’m not gonna completely turn a blind eye to it. The WRFs are really good at this range and whatever they are seeing needs to be watched.

Looks like we will know by lunch time.
True, Hrrr shows some nasty supercells in a few hours. Wonder if a mesoscale discussion will pop up soon.

Back