• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Nope. Realistic.
Never underestimate the power of a warm nose to ruin a winter storm, especially if you live between I-85 and I-95. I do think this one will start as snow for the first 6-12 hours in central NC, but models often struggle to grasp the warm nose until right before the event. I think January 2017 has made a lot of us central NC folks much more cautious tracking winter storms...

There's no content there to cross post. lol
Comin in hot
b2749e1847ebd82554ecedcc037eae9b.gif
2f8c4c3d142ab8af63bf0d99a5704420.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just don't think you can discount the consistency of the models, and how different models are showing the same thing over and over. And everything has trended colder and farther south and east with the snow all day. Yeah, I can see questioning getting a foot here, but even half of that would be amazing this early in December. I just don't see this being more rain than mostly snow and other frozen precip based on how consistent and similar the Euro, GFS, FV3, and NAM have been.

Back