• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 21-22 street light 18z nam fantasy probably not happening but starting the thread anyway storm

Throwing these obs into the mix from today:
-- Had about 5 minutes of sleet here at the house (NE Forsyth Cty, Ga.) around 6 a.m.
-- Played golf in Hayesville, N.C. and had some snow flurries around 1 p.m. (that was a first for me on the golf course).
-- Drove through a brief snow flurry shower between Hayesville and Hiawassee, Ga., around 1:45 p.m.

Everybody stay warm and safe this weekend.

--30--

@Webberweather53,, I'm interested in these reports.. Surrounding (Our) areas..

Temps in the Mid-Lower, 40's..

31% Dews & Humidity of (roughly) 60~70%.. Producing *Wintery Mix(s)*?

I'm observing and seeing (reports), of a rough line between what I'm hearing between Columbus County to ILM to Maple Hill/Jacksonville..

(I know It CAN SNOW) at 50F.. fascinating on that paper.. but...

Anyhow, those that ARE getting confirmed OBS get out & enjoy it!

Second batch of precip tryna make things interesting

For those in the southern portion of the state it appears the precipitation could last 3 to 4 hours. It wants to inch it’s way north towards me in the Raleigh Durham area but even if it does it would be short lived. At least for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my preliminary snow map for yesterday's trace/snow sleet event in South Carolina. Hoping to also get NC's done tonight.

I did something different this time; instead of showing just the total amount of snow/sleet, because it was the same nearly everywhere (a trace), I depicted the reported precipitation type at each location.

IP = Ice Pellets.

SN = Snow

December 20-21 2022 SC Snowmap.jpg

Back