• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

CustomWX Graphic Solution!

I think you’ll really like this @Ollie Williams. Tracking blocking highs and anticyclones!

Would be really cool to see what the differences are in the track and evolution of something like surface highs (which have a longer more reliable record than mid-upper air data) between specific types winter storms and even how they contrast in different types of enso, mjo, etc.

Yeah, you can put it in there, but I wanted to use the new data (1950-1978) in particular.
Lotsa good ones like the blizzard of late Nov 1950, Jan 18-19 1955, Dec 11-12 1958, Mar 2-4 & 9-10 1960, the New Years Eve blockbuster event in 1963-64 (esp for AL & TN), Jan 16-17 1965, Jan 25-27 1966 (blizzard of 66), Feb 9-10 1967, Feb 15-17 1969 (insane snowstorm in the SW Piedmont of NC very much like Feb 2004), of course who could forget about Feb 9-11 1973, and Jan 19 1977 (snowed in Florida).

Last edited:
Yeah, I like this a lot better ngl, how did you get that colortable? Did you have to create it from scratch?
I created it from scratch. I used the ColorPick Eyedropped to get all the hex codes for the map and used manually entered it, which I have examples of how I implemented it on my Github page.

However, I did want to ask you, since I decided to plot it for March 1960, and since it's from a different dataset, I got this error:
Python:
TypeError: Length of x (481) must match number of columns in z (421)
I know you are supposed to reshape it, but I've been confused how you go about that.

I created it from scratch. I used the ColorPick Eyedropped to get all the hex codes for the map and used manually entered it, which I have examples of how I implemented it on my Github page.

However, I did want to ask you, since I decided to plot it for March 1960, and since it's from a different dataset, I got this error:
Python:
TypeError: Length of x (481) must match number of columns in z (421)
I know you are supposed to reshape it, but I've been confused how you go about that.
Ahh okay lol I had a feeling, well once you save it, it's there with you forever lol

Back