• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

CustomWX Graphic Solution!

Ollie Williams

It's Rainin' Sideways!
Reaction score
How hard to learn c++
It’s easy if you follow tutorials. Granted It was easier because I understood Python in which the concepts are universally the same. C++ is one of the tougher ones, as far as syntax (the way it’s written), which is really the only reason people say it's hard. However, it’s not too hard to get used to as long as you practice. This guy does a great job teaching it: .

I do want to mention that what I posted is a different aspect of C++ programming, which deals with graphics/Directx/HLSL, a lot of the stuff is much different/tougher, which I'm currently learning. This guy that I'm following does teach Directx along with C++ concepts, although for someone new to the language, I think it would be difficult to understand. Here's the link:

VegasEagle

Reaction score
It’s easy if you follow tutorials. Granted It was easier because I understood Python in which the concepts are universally the same. C++ is one of the tougher ones, as far as syntax (the way it’s written), which is really the only reason people say it's hard. However, it’s not too hard to get used to as long as you practice. This guy does a great job teaching it: .

I do want to mention that what I posted is a different aspect of C++ programming, which deals with graphics/Directx/HLSL, a lot of the stuff is much different/tougher, which I'm currently learning. This guy that I'm following does teach Directx along with C++ concepts, although for someone new to the language, I think it would be difficult to understand. Here's the link:
Thank you!

Webberweather53

Meteorologist
Reaction score

I believe matlab was written in C++, matlab is unforuntately a software you'd have to pay for, but I personally love its simple graphics. Geospatial plotting is still better in python imo because matlab uses basemap, which appears somewhat archaic