• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

CustomWX Graphic Solution!

Ollie Williams

It Gon' Rain
Reaction score
Do you guys like eye-popping weather graphics!
I'm excited to announce that I will be working to sell my broadcast-quality weather graphics. I've worked on my portfolio for the past 2 years. Being very interested in the TEGNA style, I have successfully been able to mimic the design, recreating a good chunk of their graphics from scratch.

These graphics are fully customizable, with the ability to change the design color, text, images, etc. There's no gimmick,
If you are still on the edge on buying some graphics from my portfolio, contact me for a few samples

Price
I charge 5 USD per graphic
If you would like a mass quantity, I could definitely set you up with a large discount.

Format
I mainly design my graphics in Powerpoint, as that would be the best and easiest way of editing the graphics
I will also set up some graphics in other presenter programs, such as google slides, etc.
I will not provide my graphics in photoshop however as I would have to recreate everything from scratch

How graphics are set up?
If you notice below some graphics on the list exceed just one digit, for example, 71.1-71.6
This is because some graphics contain more that one included with one purchase.
If I were to buy 71.1-71.6 I would receive 6 graphics for the price of one.
Why? Many graphics are set up very close in design to another, I think it's fairer to pay the sets together due to the close similarity

How do you buy the sets?
1. email me at [email protected]
2. Direct message me at SouthernWX.com

I need suggestions!
If you have graphics not on here that you had in mind, let me know in this thread, I can work on making one quickly
I am very interested in partnering with SouthernWX, to advertise my graphics. @SD or other admins, let me know in regards to a partnership.

What is the best time to reach me?
Weekdays 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Weekends 10:00am to 8:00pm

1.1-1.9 Freely Available after paying for 5 graphics
2 Weather headlines
3 Current conditions
4 Daily Almanac
5 Precipitation Almanac
6 Daily Almanac w/ background
7.1-7.3 Today/Tonight/Tomorrow
8 Today and Tonight forecast
9 7 days forecast
10 7 days forecast color rush
11 10 day extended forecast
12 Regional forecast
13 School bus forecast
14-weekend forecast
15.1-15.2 5 days temperature graph
16 Sports game forecast
17 Rain chances
18 beach forecast
19 Planning forecast 3 boxes
20 planning forecast 9 boxes
21 planning forecast 7 boxes
22 24 hour planning forecast
23 heat index forecast
24 Current dew points
25 Pollen forecast
26 Dew point 7-day forecast chart
27.1-27.2 Drought monitor
28 National forecast
29.1-29.2 Flood chart and hydrograph
30 30.1-30.7 6-10, 7-14 day, 3-4 week Precipitation and temperature, 3-month drought outlook
31 Air Quality Alert
32 pollen by season graph
33 Richter Earthquake scale
34.1-34.2 Records Warm/cold
36 Watch vs Warning vs Advisory
37 Flood safety tips.
38.1-38.3 Severe/Winter/Tropical weather threats color rush
39.1-39.3 Severe/Winter/Tropical weather threats
40.1-40.3 Severe/Winter/Tropical threats by timeframe
41.1-41.2 Winter/severe weather category threats
42.1-42.3 categorical Severe weather threats day by day *Note you may request any state/s
43 severe weather timeline
44 Fujita scale
45 Ice impacts
46 What is a bomb cyclone
47 Precipitation type classification
48 Different precipitation type tracks
49 Wind chill forecast
50 Precipitation type timeline breakdown
51 Snow meter
52 Snow to liquid ratio
53 Model precipitation accumulation SN/IP/ZR
54 Rush hour forecast
55 Snow chances for accumulation (Chance of None,T-1,2-4,4-6,6-8,8-12,12-18)
56 day by day winter weather chances
57 model snow comparison
58 model precipitation comparison
59 Model temperature comparison
60 Model snow comparison, line, and arrow
61.1-61.2 Model snow and ice comparison numerical
62 Snow reports
61.1-63.6 Snow temperature trends and analysis charts
64 Winter weather forecasting timeline
65.1-65.2 Winter/tropical weather development checklist
66 Tropical cyclone info chart
67 Saffir Simpson scale
68.1-68.2 2019 hurricane season forecast and names
69.1-69.3 Tropical spaghetti phots ATCF/GFS/CMC
70 tropical cyclone intensity chart
71.1-71.6 Tropical cyclone frequency Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov
72 tropical frequency chart
73 Current atmospheric dust
74 current atmospheric wind shear
75 NHC cone oo uncertainty
76 NHC 5 day development chances
77.1-77.2 Tropical/Hurricane-force wind chances
78 Chances of a cyclone reaching max category
79.1-79.3 SST anomalies/7 day change/ Temperatures
80 Cera Max surf forecast
81 NHC rain forecast
82 Calendar
83.1-83.4 Fall/Spring Equinox Summer/Winter solstice
11.PNG7.2.PNG57.PNG

Other solutions
I also offer Regional map graphics
for the map designing. For example, using the graphic to make a snow forecast.
I price the Regional maps at 30 USD because of how much work they take to design.
I can sell these in Photoshop, Powerpoint, and most any other software.
*Note regional maps are designed in layers*
404B23CD-8A61-4454-8C37-905375C6ED8C.png

Last edited:
This is cool.
shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

Added another feature, as far as regions. Send me an email if you want to purchase this [email protected]
1. Note that the blue is just an example of the laying tools in powerpoint, by R-clicking and saying send to back
I can see many of you all using this for snow maps.
If you would like to request a specific state, let me know.
southernwx map.PNG

Added another feature, as far as regions. Send me an email if you want to purchase this [email protected]
1. Note that the blue is just an example of the laying tools in powerpoint, by R-clicking and saying send to back
I can see many of you all using this for snow maps.
If you would like to request a specific state, let me know.
View attachment 24032
Today, I have gone in and redesigned this graphic, overall a much more improved look.
If you would like to purchase this, PM me, or email me at [email protected]
southeast-map-png.26077
custom-graphic-png.26080

Last edited:
Happy Easter Folks!
I wanted to share with you some information and what I've been working. Over the past year or so, I've been gradually learning how to program in Python. With that, I decided to work on transitioning my graphics to be built with code rather than in Powerpoint. With Powerpoint, most everything is extremely manual to be built. With Python, I could make things more automated with the resources I have. An example would be auto-updating SPC map, NHC updates, and less manual charts and graphs as well as radar, auto-updating conditions, etc. At the moment, this is only a goal and I wouldn't count on this happening anytime soon.

I would, however, like to share with you another project in which I have been playing around with the ERA5 reanalysis database. I know that several folks have been able to make some cool storm maps with the data. I was playing around with the data from the storm in '93 and was able to plot the mean precipitation rate (see below) at 9 am on the 13th. I am working on expanding what I am able to plot, in which when I am finished, I hope to share an archive of certain storms on this map on this forum. Another goal I have is that if I can gain access to previous model runs of the GFS and maybe the Euro, I hope to be able to plot the maps leading up to certain storms in an organized fashion.

I'll keep you all posted on developments here.

**More ERA5 maps coming soon**
era5 precip.png
This also doesn't mean that I won't take requests for anything that I previously offered. I would be happy to work with anybody interested in the PowerPoint maps.

Thanks,
Ollie Williams

How much zoom can you get and what parameters? Id be interested in seeing some wind/precip charts from Hugo and Fran
Here's the dataset links, I download the data and plot it in Python. You can choose the parameters.

https://cds.climate.copernicus.eu/cdsapp#!/dataset/reanalysis-era5-land?tab=form - This data is more hi-res, but offers fewer parameters and only goes back to 1981
https://cds.climate.copernicus.eu/cdsapp#!/dataset/reanalysis-era5-single-levels?tab=form - This data goes back to 1979 and offers more parameters, but isn't as high res.

There basically isn't any limit as to how far I can zoom.
I can basically plot pretty much anything with this dataset. The question is if I can figure out how to write it since I'm still learning. Although, plotting surface products for hurricanes seem fairly easy.

One thing I've been working on is the ability to plot the GFS model runs from previous storms. Here's a graphic from the last December storm we had leading 3 days up to it. I hope to be able to play around with this data much more, although it is a pain to access. If I can get things sorted out, I hope to make a thread on GFS model forecasts leading up to storms going back to 2016.

Edit: The title and unit scale is wrong.
output23 (1).png

Last edited:
Back