• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Crypto trading

Bitcoin has dropped more than $3K in 3 days:
rDUDaUHP
Maybe in anticipation for Fed's CBDC? Yellen does not like Bitcoin. Will probably be banned or over-regulated in the near future.

per Gensler on CNBC this week:
"we don't need more digital currency, we have digital currency. It's called the U.S. dollar. It's called the euro. It's called the yen. They're all digital right now."
wow...this is in contrast to how he portrayed cryptocurrency in his 2018 MIT course
the next 5 years should bring clarity to the digital asset space as Congress will (hopefully) intervene
also believe the CEXs will ultimately change asset offerings/services to comply (see Robinhood today)
Bitcoin IS a worldwide digital COMMODITY and will never go away - as such, companies such as Strike will disrupt legacy monetary systems
I've become a Bitcoin maximalist and may sell digital assets that are potential securities
(eventually, I may just hold BTC, ETH, LTC, DOT, LINK, UNI)

slowly becoming a Bitcoin maximalist - esp knowing Gary Gensler deems Bitcoin a commodity
(in fact, I suspect all truly decentralized PoW digital assets will be categorized as commodities)
hopefully, the recent XRP judgement will spur Congress into action (as I am not sure it will survive appeal)
March - June 2024 looks very interesting with the upcoming Bitcoin halving (April 2024) and *possible* spot Bitcoin ETF approval(s) at the same time

slowly becoming a Bitcoin maximalist - esp knowing Gary Gensler deems Bitcoin a commodity
(in fact, I suspect all truly decentralized PoW digital assets will be categorized as commodities)
hopefully, the recent XRP judgement will spur Congress into action (as I am not sure it will survive appeal)
March - June 2024 looks very interesting with the upcoming Bitcoin halving (April 2024) and *possible* spot Bitcoin ETF approval(s) at the same time
I dabbled in some alt coins in 2021 and flew too close to the Sun, but I’ve been adding Bitcoin ever since and I’m not sure I’ll ever throw money into alts again. It’s just so risky.

Back