• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason I could see is they have kids at home that haven't been vaccinated and want to limit risk of bring it home to them.
I could see that, I guess. But that shouldn't be an issue for too much longer.

Seriously quit spreading this sort of crap.
Well, is it a vaccine if it doesn't prevent infection? The claim by the developers is that it has efficacy in reducing the severity of symptoms, not preventing disease. You can even spread Covid to others while you're symptomatic, even if "vaccinated". Also, this doctor has some really good points:

Agreed. I have to go back to work 7/1 I'm interested to see what they are going to do as far as safety now
I’m just lucky! I’ve not missed one day of work through the whole pandemic! And not one day of work from home either! Go me!

I’m just lucky! I’ve not missed one day of work through the whole pandemic! And not one day of work from home either! Go me!
You da man! Treat yourself to anything you pictured earlier! I think WFH would be awesome during normal times its lost its shine during these times

Last edited:
Yes in North Carolina you're supposed to wear a mask or the gym or would kick you out.. I got kicked out of a gym back in my fall for not wearing one.
We didn’t enforce at mine , we the employees were the only ones who wore em and whichever members felt like it.

My dad wears a mask while he's doing the stairmaster at the gym lol, and when I was complaining about wearing one bothering my breathing late last summer, he pointed that out.

He says he's never not wearing one again...frankly I don't believe him, but that's what he says (he's fully vaccinated, said that the main reason why he chose to go along with it is because of the potential for loss of smell haha).

But like I said earlier today, I don't really care about wearing a mask (I was able to adjust, but did I ever wear one outside unless I was going into a place, no, did I ever wear one to work out, no). I don't consider doing so to be conforming because there are masks that have sports teams on them or different patterns. It'd be conforming if it was "everyone must wear a mask that has a certain color". (I talked to somebody about this a month back and they agreed) When I can stop wearing one I likely will but it's kind of crazy to me that this became a symbol for many.

Edit: Off topic to here, something that I do consider to be conforming is school uniforms. I had to wear them up to the 6th grade and there was one time where I got some attention just because I had on capris (I believe) that had a different shade of blue than the blue that was wanted. But then my school district dropped all uniform requirements (two more years and it wouldn't have mattered though for me). It was seemingly not enforced well but on days I wore something different, it was "me" that got the attention and not anybody else.

Last edited:
And moved 1000 miles away and got both vaccines, and got 6+ feet of snow! It’s been a good pandemic!?

Those of you that had Covid and then got vaccinated, how bad were the 2 shots? I know everyone is different, I’ve heard some say the first shot for Covid survivors can be as rough as the 2nd shot side effects that a lot get. I’ll be able to get mine May 24th, that be my 90 day after getting regeneron. I’m hoping maybe the vaccine will do like some other Covid long haulers and it help or take away lingering symptoms. I’m definitely nervous, but I also don’t want Covid again. Dr drew labs yesterday and going to check for antibodies again even tho it’s been a month since they checked and I had them.

Those of you that had Covid and then got vaccinated, how bad were the 2 shots? I know everyone is different, I’ve heard some say the first shot for Covid survivors can be as rough as the 2nd shot side effects that a lot get. I’ll be able to get mine May 24th, that be my 90 day after getting regeneron. I’m hoping maybe the vaccine will do like some other Covid long haulers and it help or take away lingering symptoms. I’m definitely nervous, but I also don’t want Covid again. Dr drew labs yesterday and going to check for antibodies again even tho it’s been a month since they checked and I had them.
I know a friend of a friend that got the first shot, then about a week later, came down with the virus ( very minor symptoms, loss of taste for about a day). They were told to go ahead and get the 2nd vaccine when it was time! That’s some bad luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back