• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a seasonal thing. Just like the flu.
The chastising handed out for pointing this out last spring,summer. And yet here we are.
"
According to CNBC, Dr. Ozlem Tureci, the co-founder and CMO of the pharmaceutical giant that developed the COVID-19 vaccine along with Pfizer, added that she predicts people will also require annual coronavirus vaccines, as they do for protection against the seasonal flu. Tureci said this is because immunity will decrease over time and variants may emerge challenging the original versions of the vaccines.

And it won’t be every fall, either. Since people are being vaccinated throughout the year, everyone will likely require boosters at different times. Not to mention India’s outbreak will fuel more variants later this year. Covid will be with us for a while. But hopefully with our privilege, the US can keep infections low. Counties without vaccine supply will be another story unfortunately.

And it won’t be every fall, either. Since people are being vaccinated throughout the year, everyone will likely require boosters at different times. Not to mention India’s outbreak will fuel more variants later this year. Covid will be with us for a while. But hopefully with our privilege, the US can keep infections low. Counties without vaccine supply will be another story unfortunately.
It really seems like supply shouldn't be an issue with such a serious a pandemic like this. Governments have shown that they have no problem printing trillions of dollars at the drop of a hat. Why not make as much money as you need to manufacture as much vaccine as you need to distribute it as widely as you need in order to eradicate the virus?

Or alternatively, take the approach of the flu and continually have supply issues and have a recurring virus with mutations and variants.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Given my circumstances it’s of more benefit to me to get the vaccine now . Immunosuppressant drugs require it really . I guess I’ll go ahead and get it , nervous about how it will react with my IBD.

I take a flu shot every year (except I didn't take one in 2019 and got the flu in Feb 2020) so I have no problem in taking a Covid shot every year if it comes down to that. It beats the alternative

Same here. The second Moderna shot did kick my butt the next day, though. Felt like I got hit by a truck.

I had the 2nd Moderna dose about 30 hours ago, still have a slight fever and feeling a bit run down but overall not bad. Also, sore arm similar to the first dose.

Nah I'm probably going to clean their lab animals or something lol. Fine by me.
How you doing? Still in hospital? I’ve had an eventful week. Went into ER Tuesday with the chest pressure and I should have mentioned it then but I didnt. Walking on treadmill caused the lovely friction rub on skin, awe it be ok I keep going. Last Thursday/Friday a small knot appears. Oh it’s just a boil, it will bust and be ok. I ignored it. Well got to the point that I couldn’t even sit down it was so painful. Went to urgent care yesterday figured they’d numb it up and drain it. Lady took one look at it and said I can’t do anything with this, you need to goto ER. So for 2nd time in 3 days I go back to ER. They look at it and are like wow, we’re going to do a ct scan to see if it’s invaded and other locations. Come back and tell me that it has not and it also doesn’t have any fluid in it to drain. There diagnosis, cellulitis instead of a boil. They start me on iv antibiotic Clindamycin. Dr looks at it and says they can transfer me to hospital 30 minutes away to continue iv antibiotic or discharge me with antibiotic and keep strict eye on it to see if redness or swelling goes outside there drawing line. They chose to send me home. Aside from the iv dose, I’ve had 2 oral doses of antibiotic so far and redness and swelling hasn’t gotten worse.Supposed to take it 3 times a day for 10 days. They think it should clear it up, if it spreads then I’m to go to ER of hospital 30-45 minutes away. Putting this antibiotic on my already jacked up stomach from Covid worries me, but I also know if that crap spreads it can kill me. I’m drinking probiotics and eating yogurt when I take the antibiotic

How you doing? Still in hospital? I’ve had an eventful week. Went into ER Tuesday with the chest pressure and I should have mentioned it then but I didnt. Walking on treadmill caused the lovely friction rub on skin, awe it be ok I keep going. Last Thursday/Friday a small knot appears. Oh it’s just a boil, it will bust and be ok. I ignored it. Well got to the point that I couldn’t even sit down it was so painful. Went to urgent care yesterday figured they’d numb it up and drain it. Lady took one look at it and said I can’t do anything with this, you need to goto ER. So for 2nd time in 3 days I go back to ER. They look at it and are like wow, we’re going to do a ct scan to see if it’s invaded and other locations. Come back and tell me that it has not and it also doesn’t have any fluid in it to drain. There diagnosis, cellulitis instead of a boil. They start me on iv antibiotic Clindamycin. Dr looks at it and says they can transfer me to hospital 30 minutes away to continue iv antibiotic or discharge me with antibiotic and keep strict eye on it to see if redness or swelling goes outside there drawing line. They chose to send me home. Aside from the iv dose, I’ve had 2 oral doses of antibiotic so far and redness and swelling hasn’t gotten worse.Supposed to take it 3 times a day for 10 days. They think it should clear it up, if it spreads then I’m to go to ER of hospital 30-45 minutes away. Putting this antibiotic on my already jacked up stomach from Covid worries me, but I also know if that crap spreads it can kill me. I’m drinking probiotics and eating yogurt when I take the antibiotic
I’m on the way home right now after 8 days . Stupid wrecks everywhere though people don’t know how to drive . Hope you feel better man, I’m not 100% at all either and have a massive bag of medicines to take . I have had a small bump on my ribs for a couple months . Doesn’t do anything they haven’t said anything about it either .

This from covid? Or something unrelated.

I blame it on Covid lol. But no. I been walking on my treadmill trying to get in better shape and it was a combination of my fat thighs and underwear rubbed my skin raw. I ignored it and now paying the price.
This is why I just sit on my ass and drink beer. Kidding..kind of. Hope you feel better.

Congrats to all who got their vaccine. I genuinely mean that. Getting us closer to heard immunity. I won’t be getting mine for personal reasons. The main one is because I contracted meningitis in 2008 just 4 months after receiving my meningitis vaccination. I spent 2 weeks quarantined in the hospital and nearly didn’t make it. I still have memory and psychological issues following the 30+ days of fever I experienced. Also after my stint with this illness I was diagnosed with a life changing autoimmune disease that I will battle for the rest of my days. Needless to say, I am personally not a believer of sticking these potions into my arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back