• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right now it seems like the Pfizer and moderna vaccines offer great protections against covid and likely against the current variants too. But at some point I’m guessing there will be a variant that the vaccine doesn’t protect against, what then?

Had a young lady that used to attend our church nearly die from first shot of Pfizer. Apparently she was allergic to something in the vaccine. Was fine during the monitoring time, went home and that night symptoms started. By the next morning she went into ER with hives, black sunken in eyes and trouble breathing. They pumped her full of Benadryl and saline water and she responded. They told her under any circumstance she is not to get the 2nd shot. Kinda scary, how do you know if your allergic to something when you don’t know what all is in it? She is perfectly healthy lady that her employer required the vaccine

Damn on going side effects of Covid landed me in ER again. Over 4 hr wait. Our hospital is slap full. Ekg was good, labs good. They running blood work to rule out blood clots. Chest X-ray is clear. Looking like what I’ve thought All along is it’s gastro. Got appointment with gastroenterologist next Wednesday, I imagine they’ll want to do the scope to see what’s going on. The belching and bloated has gotten worse, I’m burping up acid now. Have tried omeprazole, tums, gas x, ibgard and nothing helps. I drink probiotics and eat yogurt and no help. They gave me gastro cocktail a few minutes ago with maalox and lidocaine. Blood work came back no clots.

Last edited:
Damn on going side effects of Covid landed me in ER again. Over 4 hr wait. Our hospital is slap full. Ekg was good, labs good. They running blood work to rule out blood clots. Chest X-ray is clear. Looking like what I’ve thought All along is it’s gastro. Got appointment with gastroenterologist next Wednesday, I imagine they’ll want to do the scope to see what’s going on. The belching and bloated has gotten worse, I’m burping up acid now. Have tried omeprazole, tums, gas x, ibgard and nothing helps. I drink probiotics and eat yogurt and no help. They gave me gastro cocktail a few minutes ago with maalox and lidocaine. Blood work came back no clots.
I’m still in the hospital nearly a week later from gastro issues . Gl brother .

Had a young lady that used to attend our church nearly die from first shot of Pfizer. Apparently she was allergic to something in the vaccine. Was fine during the monitoring time, went home and that night symptoms started. By the next morning she went into ER with hives, black sunken in eyes and trouble breathing. They pumped her full of Benadryl and saline water and she responded. They told her under any circumstance she is not to get the 2nd shot. Kinda scary, how do you know if your allergic to something when you don’t know what all is in it? She is perfectly healthy lady that her employer required the vaccine

The only thing she could have been allergic to is PEG, which has been reported on. Those with history of allergic reactions should use caution. It’s highly unlikely hers was anaphylaxis due to the amount of time it took to develop the reaction. Observational data from the MMR report shows the longest time for anaphylaxis to occur was ~150min for the Pfizer vaccine, with most within 15 minutes. Less severe reactions seen up to 20 hours after vaccination, which can include full body rashes and breathing irregularities but not necessarily critical breathing issues (for instance I had breathing irregularities during COVID and wasn’t hospitalized)

Given her IV normal saline and diphenhydramine cocktail she sounded dehydrated and they were actually doing g supportive care only....Nearly die? What other symptoms was she exhibiting that nearly killed her?

I’ve reported patients with similar symptoms to VAERS from our vaccine clinics none of which actually went to the ER, just took fluids and Benadryl at home.

While not common, it’s being observed and those with severe allergies or known allergic reactions or sensitivities need to take the appropriate measures such as hydration and have an EPIpen and Benadryl at home.

It’s interesting they told her that about her second dose. From what I understand even people with (delayed) full body rashes are OK to get the second dose. Although scary, delayed skin reactions are always non serious and not anaphylaxis. They must have administered oxygen and worried about her airway? Did they see swelling in her airway? Interesting recommendation.

I have gastritis I assume from covid long haul syndrome. My 40mg omeprazole hasn’t touched it, so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gastritis I assume from covid long haul syndrome. My 40mg omeprazole hasn’t touched it, so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully I’ll get answers soon. When they gave me the gastro cocktail a good bit of my chest pressure eased off and I didn’t belch nearly as much the rest of the night. They gave me a prescription for protonixs. Definitely think I’ve got something going on from my esophagus to my stomach. Stomach doesn’t hurt or burn, occasional diarrhea but definitely not all the time. My stomach is just bloated and gassy

Reactions: Jon
The only thing she could have been allergic to is PEG, which has been reported on. Those with history of allergic reactions should use caution. It’s highly unlikely hers was anaphylaxis due to the amount of time it took to develop the reaction. Observational data from the MMR report shows the longest time for anaphylaxis to occur was ~150min for the Pfizer vaccine, with most within 15 minutes. Less severe reactions seen up to 20 hours after vaccination, which can include full body rashes and breathing irregularities but not necessarily critical breathing issues (for instance I had breathing irregularities during COVID and wasn’t hospitalized)

Given her IV normal saline and diphenhydramine cocktail she sounded dehydrated and they were actually doing g supportive care only....Nearly die? What other symptoms was she exhibiting that nearly killed her?

I’ve reported patients with similar symptoms to VAERS from our vaccine clinics none of which actually went to the ER, just took fluids and Benadryl at home.

While not common, it’s being observed and those with severe allergies or known allergic reactions or sensitivities need to take the appropriate measures such as hydration and have an EPIpen and Benadryl at home.

It’s interesting they told her that about her second dose. From what I understand even people with (delayed) full body rashes are OK to get the second dose. Although scary, delayed skin reactions are always non serious and not anaphylaxis. They must have administered oxygen and worried about her airway? Did they see swelling in her airway? Interesting recommendation.
Yea I reread her post and the nearly died was hearsay. Here’s her explanation from her FB

After researching which vaccine I was going to take, I chose the Pfeizer vaccine. Within 5 hours the “ Side effects “ began. By 1am I was having shooting pains from the injection site to my lower back. Waking up yesterday I had pale skin, sunken in black eyes, high heart rate, shakes, my skin was on fire and itching, quarter size whelps were forming, the list goes on. I ended up taking my self to the ER. After an ekg and a few blood tests I found that I am severely allergic to whatever is in the vaccine. I have been told to not receive my second dose or any other form. I was pumped with steroids and Benadryl as wells as given a saline drip in attempts to flush my system. I’m not saying don’t get it but please be cautious.

Hope they get things straightened out soon!

Did you get any nosebleeds from this? In the mornings I'm getting them, partially cause my sinuses get dried out now but I assume partially from whatever damage the virus did up in there too.

Hope they get things straightened out soon!

Did you get any nosebleeds from this? In the mornings I'm getting them, partially cause my sinuses get dried out now but I assume partially from whatever damage the virus did up in there too.
No nose bleeds but I had a tingling numb feeling in my sinus area.

My sis got the 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday afternoon. By 7-8 pm , had a 102 degree fever and sore arm, fever broke by 7am today, just felt a little fatigued still, but a lot better than last night!

It's been a little over 24 hours since I had my first Moderna shot. The only symptoms that I think are related to it that I've had are the arm soreness (which had progressed up to my clavicle yesterday but hasn't today), some brief tingling (not much though), and fatigue (but then my not going to lay in bed until midnight is kind of silly).

I do not feel 100% but I think most of the rest of my issues are related to the woes of being a female...

Last edited:
Gonna be a seasonal thing. Just like the flu.
The chastising handed out for pointing this out last spring,summer. And yet here we are.
"
According to CNBC, Dr. Ozlem Tureci, the co-founder and CMO of the pharmaceutical giant that developed the COVID-19 vaccine along with Pfizer, added that she predicts people will also require annual coronavirus vaccines, as they do for protection against the seasonal flu. Tureci said this is because immunity will decrease over time and variants may emerge challenging the original versions of the vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back