• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospitalizations are now down to May levels and still dropping and cases reported if I read right were less than 300 new cases. Ivey has a PC tomorrow. Let’s see if the mask mandate goes.

This man is Charlatan. Every day it's doom and gloom in long threads....

Regarding this specific thread quoted:

1. Pfizer and Moderna Protect you from this 'Variant'. This scare is not needed.

2. The screenshot in the first tweet contradicts his own statement. He's basing his tweet on the Adjusted numbers, But doesn't show how those numbers were derived. Of the 2155 people who were detected to have the this mutation, only 128 went to the hospital. That's 5.9% This is lower than the 6.3 % for all other mutations that don't have this specific mutation (read Variant). A lower percentage of people went to the hospital with this variant, than other variants. I don't know how you can massage that data to give you 64% more likely to be hospitalized.

3. This study is pre-print and still awaiting review. This data and #'s shown will change.

This man is Charlatan. Every day it's doom and gloom in long threads....

Regarding this specific thread quoted:

1. Pfizer and Moderna Protect you from this 'Variant'. This scare is not needed.

2. The screenshot in the first tweet contradicts his own statement. He's basing his tweet on the Adjusted numbers, But doesn't show how those numbers were derived. Of the 2155 people who were detected to have the this mutation, only 128 went to the hospital. That's 5.9% This is lower than the 6.3 % for all other mutations that don't have this specific mutation (read Variant). A lower percentage of people went to the hospital with this variant, than other variants. I don't know how you can massage that data to give you 64% more likely to be hospitalized.

3. This study is pre-print and still awaiting review. This data and #'s shown will change.

Don’t forget his run to jump on the risk of Athletes getting Myocarditis. I think the number he was screaming about was 20%. I read in a study yesterday the real number that actually occured was 0.6%.

We have a drive thru testing station near my house that I drive by regularly. 2-3 weeks ago I would only see 1-2 cars there and often 0 cars in line. This week it’s been 3-5 cars and this morning 8. Hope this isn’t a reverse of the downward trend of February

We have a drive thru testing station near my house that I drive by regularly. 2-3 weeks ago I would only see 1-2 cars there and often 0 cars in line. This week it’s been 3-5 cars and this morning 8. Hope this isn’t a reverse of the downward trend of February

I may end up wrong, but I’d say it’s probably a case of allergies exploding. Most of the people I know are getting nailed with sinus problems with myself included over the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back