• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a much worse note.....my wife got a call yesterday for a phone appointment with the local health department to do the contact tracing for her positive cover test that she got 2 WEEKS AGO......bit late to the party!

Thanks @Myfrotho704_ , @proud dad , @ontherocks , and others for showing your concern.

As @Shaggy mentioned, I’m doing much better even though it was pretty rough with the number one symptom being persistent exhausting fevers for most of the first 11 days. I don’t recall ever having as an adult anywhere near a one week+ long period of a relentless fever occurring and with regular dosages of Tylenol to boot! As we know, fever like this is a sign of a persistent and significant infection but is also a sign of an immune system putting up a good fight even though it makes one feel very fatigued. I’m fortunate that my immune system was strong enough to fight it.

Other symptoms were tiredness, a constant weird taste, no sense of smell, significantly reduced appetite resulting in 10 lb weight loss, dry cough that increased late, a few body aches, and the later development of some burning soarness with deep breaths (like what one feels when breathing hard in cold temps). All symptoms have improved markedly (including no more fever) except that I still don’t have much of my sense of smell back yet. I was able to tolerate exercise walks the prior two evenings though at half the normal distance to keep me from overdoing it too early out of caution.

I should add that my presumed Covid+ brother (much higher risk) also recovered successfully, thank heavens! I was much more concerned about him due to his higher risk. But even he got past this nasty disease! He got symptoms about 9 days earlier than me and he recovered about 9 days earlier, too. So, our durations of symptoms were similar.

Last edited:
Thanks @Myfrotho704_ , @proud dad , @ontherocks , and others for showing your concern.

As @Shaggy mentioned, I’m doing much better even though it was pretty rough with the number one symptom being persistent exhausting fevers for most of the first 11 days. I don’t recall ever having as an adult anywhere near a one week+ long period of a relentless fever occurring and with regular dosages of Tylenol to boot! As we know, fever like this is a sign of a persistent and significant infection but is also a sign of an immune system putting up a good fight even though it makes one feel very fatigued. I’m fortunate that my immune system was strong enough to fight it.

Other symptoms were tiredness, a constant weird taste, no sense of smell, dry coughing that increased late, a few body aches, and the later development of some burning soarness with deep breaths (like what one feels when breathing hard in cold temps). All symptoms have improved markedly (including no more fever) except that I still don’t have much of my sense of smell back yet. I was able to tolerate exercise walks the prior two evenings though at half the normal distance to keep me from overdoing it too early out of caution.

I should add that my presumed Covid+ brother (much higher risk) also recovered successfully, thank heavens! I was much more concerned about him due to his higher risk. But even he got past this nasty disease! He got symptoms about 9 days earlier than me and he recovered about 9 days earlier, too. So, our durations of symptoms were similar.
Best to you and your brother sir! Glad to hear that you guys are on the mend. Prayers for y’all’s continued recovery!

GAWX So glad to hear you and your Brother overcame; Been praying for you both. Everytime I'm designated to to walk the ole dog by my better half, I think about you always talking about how much you enjoy your walks. Maybe Savannah can get in on this Deep South event late next week. You have been missed on these boards.

Other symptoms were tiredness, a constant weird taste, no sense of smell, significantly reduced appetite resulting in 10 lb weight loss, dry cough that increased late, a few body aches, and the later development of some burning soarness with deep breaths (like what one feels when breathing hard in cold temps). All symptoms have improved markedly (including no more fever) except that I still don’t have much of my sense of smell back yet. I was able to tolerate exercise walks the prior two evenings though at half the normal distance to keep me from overdoing it too early out of caution.

So good to hear you are on the mend! Praying for a full recovery for you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back