• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had fever, so I was lucky. My case was mild but I did suffer fatigue for about a month after recovering.

Looks like you’re having a time...fevers suck. You’re around the time where it either stays the same or improves or takes a turn for the worse... do you have a pulse ox and have been following your oxygen saturation? I worry about silent hypoxia, not in you specifically but in a lot of covid patients managing at home. They can have oxygen in the 80s with no symptoms, so by the time they get symptoms they have full blown Bilateral pneumo. So grab one of you can and keep us updated!

Thank you, Jon, for the valued advice.

We have a pulse ox. In addition to not feeling short of breath, my avg O2 has been 97ish throughout the week. (Range mainly 95-99).

Update: my temp has been wild the last few days. It spikes near the time to take more Tylenol. Then I take it and it has thankfully fallen back nicely the last few times within a couple of hours, especially when I suddenly sweat. Then it stubbornly rises again a few hours later. It fell nicely to 98.6 late AM but is now back up to 100 and rising. And with it comes the tiredness/chills. So, Tylenol to be taken again shortly. I’ve been limiting it to 1 gram/3 x a day. The ER doc told me I could also take NSAID with it if Tylenol not enough, but I’ve yet to take any. Do you see any reason I should also take NSAID?

Still only very little coughing/congestion. Sneezing today has diminished. Still can’t smell anything and have weird taste. My appetite this whole week has dropped and I’ve thus lost 7 lbs, some likely waterweight though I keep water by me and keep drinking it. I’m now just about to 7 days (169 hours in wx time lol) since 1st symptoms.

Last edited:
I never had fever, so I was lucky. My case was mild but I did suffer fatigue for about a month after recovering.

Looks like you’re having a time...fevers suck. You’re around the time where it either stays the same or improves or takes a turn for the worse... do you have a pulse ox and have been following your oxygen saturation? I worry about silent hypoxia, not in you specifically but in a lot of covid patients managing at home. They can have oxygen in the 80s with no symptoms, so by the time they get symptoms they have full blown Bilateral pneumo. So grab one of you can and keep us updated!

I also never had a fever, and thankfully my o2 levels never got below 94-95 at my lowest point (and that only lasted about 36 hours). However, I felt *quite* sick and extremely fatigued for more than two weeks, and it was probably 7-8 weeks before my cough (which didn’t really manifest much at all until around day 4-5) disappeared completely. I think my worst day, as far as feeling poorly, was actually day 8, and I didn’t really start to feel like I was actually getting much better until about day 12. I still feel like I get tired more easily, almost 3 months later - but overall I think me and my family have fully recovered. Praying for the same for you and yours! ?

I tested negative again despite the week long cold and cough. My wife was positive Wednesday and we suspected possibly a false positive. She found out today a patient and CNA she had heavy contact with the week before we got sick andshe tested positive are also positive. This reduces the chances she is a false positive.

She had the first round of the moderns vax on the 9th. She started having her first mild symptoms today in the form of fatigue and some body aches.

I'm guessing me and my son had something else due to the negative test.

Portugal reports 11,721 new cases and 275 new deaths. Also this curve looks very bad. coronavirus-data-explorer.png

I tested negative again despite the week long cold and cough. My wife was positive Wednesday and we suspected possibly a false positive. She found out today a patient and CNA she had heavy contact with the week before we got sick andshe tested positive are also positive. This reduces the chances she is a false positive.

She had the first round of the moderns vax on the 9th. She started having her first mild symptoms today in the form of fatigue and some body aches.

I'm guessing me and my son had something else due to the negative test.
Good wishes for all.

Good trends continue. As long as the new variants don’t throw a wrench into the vaccine, I am hopeful deaths will start to crater given the collapsing case and hospitalization counts over the last week or two.

Some key points: It's fully protective against the British variant but in the SA variant, the antibody neutralization is 6x less but it's still high and is maybe a small % reduction in efficacy. They are working on a new vaccine candidate that will protect better against the South African Variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back