• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also IF the vaccine is less effective due to the E484K mutation, they say the vaccines won't be adjusted as the efficacy would be lower by only small %.

However though, for people who had the virus before, it has been shown the antibodies from previous infections does not recognize the new variant.
Not sure on the T-cells though.

Last edited:
They will do great. They won't protect you from getting or transmitting the virus, and we'll still have to social distance, wear masks, and keep businesses shut down (well, the small ones anyway), and we'll need to keep schools closed forever. But other than that, they will do great.
I bet you $20 that this time next year the mask mandate is gone, all schools are back in person, and no business restrictions are in place (nc)

Also for the restrictions, unless something crazy happens with a new variant I do think we will see things get relaxed sometime in the Summer as we near nationwide herd immunity. If we can speed up the vaccine deployment that could definitely help.

Also for the restrictions, unless something crazy happens with a new variant I do think we will see things get relaxed sometime in the Summer as we near nationwide herd immunity. If we can speed up the vaccine deployment that could definitely help.
Shhhhh I'm trying to make $20

Keep in mind they are still catching up on the holiday weekend and I'm hearing there would be more disruptions to the data tomorrow because of Inauguration day.

We definitely seem to be rounding the corner and now on the downswing with this wave. Hopefully, with vaccines soon to be widely deployed, this is the last major wave we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back