• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be aware that yesterday was MLK Day and the cases and deaths count will be a bit weird for a few days as they catch up on processing.

I'm Covid + per ER. Total shocker since very careful. Symptoms came on suddenly after having had an enjoyable walk in the cold just a few hours earlier. 100 fever, faster than normal pulse, elevated BP, occasional dry cough, fatigue. Chest xray/bloodwork/EKG normal. Sent home with only Tylenol/let them know if worsens.

Bigger danger to my disabled bro, who I take care of and who also has symptoms.

Thanks for all of your prayers and positive thoughts!

Mine has been mild so far. The worst to this point was soon after getting symptoms late Sat night with slow improvement since. Main symptom now is slight rundownness with temp elevated vs norm (though lower than it was) and slight achiness. I haven't lost my sense of taste but have a weird taste in my mouth. Sense of smell is diminished.

More good news is that bro's had nothing too bad (no shortness of breath, no low oxy, etc). And even he's improved a good bit the last 2 days. He has no fever at the moment and is mainly very tired. His symptom start date is tricky. He had a brief 101 fever 1.5 weeks ago with no other symptoms, which was strange and then it went away fast. Then he started coughing a lot and got fever again a week later. Keep in mind that bro hasn't been tested but is assumed to have Covid since I do.

I just heard some potentially good news from his doc. Although being on immune suppressant meds has made him more likely to get infected, he said that those patients actually tend to not get severely sick. So, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your prayers and positive thoughts!

Mine has been mild so far. The worst to this point was soon after getting symptoms late Sat night with slow improvement since. Main symptom now is slight rundownness with temp elevated vs norm (though lower than it was) and slight achiness. I haven't lost my sense of taste but have a weird taste in my mouth. Sense of smell is diminished.

More good news is that bro's had nothing too bad (no shortness of breath, no low oxy, etc). And even he's improved a good bit the last 2 days. He has no fever at the moment and is mainly very tired. His symptom start date is tricky. He had a brief 101 fever 2.5 weeks ago with no other symptoms, which was strange and then it went away fast. Then he started coughing a lot and got fever again a week later. Keep in mind that bro hasn't been tested but is assumed to have Covid since I do.

I just heard some potentially good news from his doc. Although being on immune suppressant meds has made him more likely to get infected, he said that those patients actually tend to not get severely sick. So, fingers crossed!
Please get well soon, best to you!

Now we see how vaccines do against the mutation.
They will do great. They won't protect you from getting or transmitting the virus, and we'll still have to social distance, wear masks, and keep businesses shut down (well, the small ones anyway), and we'll need to keep schools closed forever. But other than that, they will do great.

They will do great. They won't protect you from getting or transmitting the virus, and we'll still have to social distance, wear masks, and keep businesses shut down (well, the small ones anyway), and we'll need to keep schools closed forever. But other than that, they will do great.
Yeah, that about sums it up...

I don't understand the tone here. Are you suggesting that the vaccine is worthless and we will forever be in this current state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back