• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the college students testing positive but don’t see or hear the number of students t that need hospitalization or deaths. My guess it’s near zero.

I just love how they actually thought "Lets cancel in person classes out of Caution of Covid-19, but we'll bring all these thousands of Kids from all over the US to live in our Communal living dorms."

Now that they are sending all these kids back home in like the 3rd week of Classes, are they refunding these families all that dorm money?

I just love how they actually thought "Lets cancel in person classes out of Caution of Covid-19, but we'll bring all these thousands of Kids from all over the US to live in our Communal living dorms."

Now that they are sending all these kids back home in like the 3rd week of Classes, are they refunding these families all that dorm money?
Also do they have the virus and are they going back to homes with family members who are at a high risk. As a guy in college I wouldn’t feel comfortable going back home if I was on any of these campus with a high percentage of cases because my dads high risk. Thankfully my school is below 1%.

Over 10k new cases reported in Spain today with 184 deaths. Nearly 9k in France. Seems like it really might be ramping up in Western Europe again in a big way.

Population-adjusted, 10k cases in Spain is about equivalent to the 70k+ cases we were recording in the US daily a couple months ago at the "second wave's" worst, so that's pretty damn high.

Over 10k new cases reported in Spain today with 184 deaths. Nearly 9k in France. Seems like it really might be ramping up in Western Europe again in a big way.

Population-adjusted, 10k cases in Spain is about equivalent to the 70k+ cases we were recording in the US daily a couple months ago at the "second wave's" worst, so that's pretty damn high.

But Europe handled this so much better than the US did... isn't that the narrative? I believe many of us called this a couple months ago. You can have the strictest lock down on the planet, but the virus isn't going anywhere. When communities start loosening restrictions, infection rates are going to pick back up. Herd immunity or an effective vaccine are the only two viable long-term "solutions".

Question for you guys. How far of a radius do you quarantine? Meaning, my wife works in the office of our church, a guy that has disclosed he has tested positive was in the office 5 minutes tops, my wife followed him out of the office chatting. Is that long enough exposure for her to need to quarantine and if so, does that mean our whole family needs to quarantine? How far reaching is someone at risk, if in that short period of time say my wife is at risk, comes home to family we exposed, do we then put people we go around at possible risk?

Question for you guys. How far of a radius do you quarantine? Meaning, my wife works in the office of our church, a guy that has disclosed he has tested positive was in the office 5 minutes tops, my wife followed him out of the office chatting. Is that long enough exposure for her to need to quarantine and if so, does that mean our whole family needs to quarantine? How far reaching is someone at risk, if in that short period of time say my wife is at risk, comes home to family we exposed, do we then put people we go around at possible risk?
I think they say within 6ft for 15 mins. I might be wrong.

Like No Snow said.. the rule of thumb is 6 ft for 15 min but he could have been putting out a concentrated viral load as he talked and that might make a difference. Was she and/or he wearing a mask while they were close to each other? Was there any coughing or laughing that would project droplets further and in larger volume? I would suggest her loading up on Vit C, D, Bs, and zinc asap. I know she's your wife but you and your kids might not want to get too close to each other for a few days. She might want to get tested 3-4 days after her exposure. I am one err on the cautious side.

But Europe handled this so much better than the US did... isn't that the narrative? I believe many of us called this a couple months ago. You can have the strictest lock down on the planet, but the virus isn't going anywhere. When communities start loosening restrictions, infection rates are going to pick back up. Herd immunity or an effective vaccine are the only two viable long-term "solutions".

There's one more way here, and it's hammering down a couple treatments.

But yeah, until we have herd immunity, at the most we're going to be putting COVID on the backburner probably at some point, with it not being talked about like it is.

Outside of luck, there is simply no way to avoid this virus over the long haul unless a very effective vaccine is developed or herd immunity takes hold. Apparently, we don't know if either of those things can or will happen. If they don't, then you stay locked down forever, or you loosen it up and risk resurgence. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the way this particular cookie crumbles.

Europe skyrocketing? I was told that only happens in the US, particularly the south! As said above, this virus isn’t going anywhere no matter how strict we make things. Just have to hope a vaccine will be here sooner than later.

This is my hometown stadium tonight. This was out first varsity game to attend this year as freshman have not been allowed to travel away or attend home games. As you can imagine parents had a fit so here were were tonight. It wasn't as packed as usual but pretty full with most not wearing masks. A neighboring school announced today that their entire football team and coaching staff are in quarantine. I'm really not sure people will comply with masks mandates even to have college football

Attachments

• 20200904_192311.jpg
    20200904_192311.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Almost 2000 have tested positive at UA with no apparent hospitalizations. Really shows the full probable extent of how many cases are missed. That or we have a massive false positive rate.

Personally--and this is just a pure guess--I think there's something to the number of asymptomatic/relatively mild cases and prior exposure to Coronaviruses.

Personally--and this is just a pure guess--I think there's something to the number of asymptomatic/relatively mild cases and prior exposure to Coronaviruses.

Just about has to be or something like it. My brother in law had pretty good symptoms yet my sister in law and their kids finished their 14 days without a symptom and she would be pretty high risk for developing severe problems. However as I said before they get small colds and the like often and she dealt with a whopper of a coronavirus or flu back in March along with her kids, my mother in law and eventually us. Who knows that may have been Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back