• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I’m still positive for COVID despite being over 2 weeks past start of symptoms and not being sick in a long time. Doctor basically said ignore it , it’s as if you tested negative .

Guess what? I discovered someone in my circle who got COVID before me . 1 month ago my friend wasn’t feeling well and went to the doctor . He was told he had mono , but not covid .... turns out they made a mistake he was positive for covid . So one mistake from a doctor may have possibly given this thing to me and quite a few other people including my friends mom who is in the hospital still.
“ TrUSt ThE SCiEnCE”

This probably explains why your doc said you are basically negative. Over-sensitivity of the basic test and viral load in the individual.

This probably explains why your doc said you are basically negative. Over-sensitivity of the basic test and viral load in the individual.
One of my foreman had it and the state health lady told him to not bother with a followup test. Once he served his two weeks she gave him a letter. She said he would show positive still but is good to go back to work. No one else has gotten it since.

One of my foreman had it and the state health lady told him to not bother with a followup test. Once he served his two weeks she gave him a letter. She said he would show positive still but is good to go back to work. No one else has gotten it since.
It could be like herpes, you never get rid of it and it flares up whenever your immune system is stressed.

USA is absolutely full to the brim with people who have underlying health conditions. So that stat really doesn't help us very much.

My SIL has been living with sarcoidosis for as long as I've know her. It certainly puts her at a higher risk.

Now the argument that is being made is that if she gets covid and passes away it wouldn't/shouldn't be counted as a covid death because she had an underlying condition.

A condition that has never put her in danger of dying....so it becomes an issue of the chicken or the egg. Tough question and one that's being politicized at every turn.

My SIL has been living with sarcoidosis for as long as I've know her. It certainly puts her at a higher risk.

Now the argument that is being made is that if she gets covid and passes away it wouldn't/shouldn't be counted as a covid death because she had an underlying condition.

A condition that has never put her in danger of dying....so it becomes an issue of the chicken or the egg. Tough question and one that's being politicized at every turn.
Ultimately, though, if she died it has to be a Covid death because she wouldn’t have died otherwise.

Ultimately, though, if she died it has to be a Covid death because she wouldn’t have died otherwise.

Exactly which is why covid only being on 6% as the only cause of death is meaningless to me.

Yeah it may have killed someone with diabetes but unless diabetes was killing that person this week then it was the covid.

Exactly which is why covid only being on 6% as the only cause of death is meaningless to me.

Yeah it may have killed someone with diabetes but unless diabetes was killing that person this week then it was the covid.
It's really concerning the number of people posting that covid is a hoax because of that 6% stat. I'm so done with this ----. I want to go back to when I wasn't aware of how stupid some people are.

It's really concerning the number of people posting that covid is a hoax because of that 6% stat. I'm so done with this poop. I want to go back to when I wasn't aware of how stupid some people are.

Ignorance is bliss in more ways than one.

My cousin does medical research for a big name center in the USA. Shes been to Everest to study sherpas and Africa to study tribes that can run for 20 miles and literally run their prey to death.

She shared this study that is circulating and it's a good but long read. A little unnerving how efficient this virus CAN be in the people it hits hardest.

This came out a couple days ago so.maybe tall have already seen it

Speaking of myocarditis, the doctors don’t think I have it, they think I’ve just had issues with anxiety (close to panic attacks at times), but I am seeing a cardiologist next week just to make sure I don’t have “post covid myocarditis” like what my main doctor said could maybe be, my EKG was normal tho so they are doubting it, my doctor said my heart sounds very strong to, which is good

Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection. So it happens when you get the flu as well but they hope you don’t know this fact.
I don't know why they "hope you don't know" the flu causes it also but I do know it's much less frequent than 35 percent of the time, like what's happening with covid-19. Unfortunately like most things about this virus, it's too soon to say anything for certain about it's long term effects, because nobody has had it long term yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back