• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
94% of people listed as dyeing from corono usa, had underlying conditions that contributed to death. CDC
USA is absolutely full to the brim with people who have underlying health conditions. So that stat really doesn't help us very much.

True but it shows the real number of deaths from Covid. I wonder if they count flu deaths the same.
That's a good question. Not sure. The way I think about it is that most reasons somebody dies are actually brought on by a set of contributing factors. Covid is a contributing factor. Were it not here, those people who had other factors would probably still be alive. And who knows how many people are walking around with just the right set of background factors where Covid would be the last straw.

The bottom line for me is, you can't live in fear, but stats like the one above aren't very useful in allaying concern, in my mind anyway. If you told me that 94% of all Covid deaths were humpbacked people with gum disease and weighing 700 lbs, I'd feel better, I suppose.

Either way, it's wise to be cautious, especially if you know you are at higher risk. But we can't remain in lockdown forever either.

Well I am sad to say the business my wife and I started 32 years ago will close Oct 1st. We had small margins and having no revenue for 10 weeks plusthe large loan we now have to pay off is too much, we have lost 45,000 so far this year and our business is only back to 70% of pre Covid levels, just can't go on any more

Well I am sad to say the business my wife and I started 32 years ago will close Oct 1st. We had small margins and having no revenue for 10 weeks plusthe large loan we now have to pay off is too much, we have lost 45,000 so far this year and our business is only back to 70% of pre Covid levels, just can't go on any more
I'm really sorry to hear this, Michael. Will be praying for your family through this difficult time.

I am so sorry.

Lol Gyms at 30%.

Many gyms have opened today, or have already opened, including Planet Fitness and Gold's Gym, despite Cooper. He lost control of this aspect, and I feel like he's just sitting there going "OK FIINNEEE, UGH! Open at 30%"

I drive by a softball field and a softball and soccer field on the way home from work. These past few weeks, the bleachers have been slam full for games. I also drive by 2 cheerleader practice gyms, and like every other day these places are packed to the gills with kids and parents. So we can go to kids sporting events / practice, but not to the gym for myself?

Apparently I’m still positive for COVID despite being over 2 weeks past start of symptoms and not being sick in a long time. Doctor basically said ignore it , it’s as if you tested negative .

Guess what? I discovered someone in my circle who got COVID before me . 1 month ago my friend wasn’t feeling well and went to the doctor . He was told he had mono , but not covid .... turns out they made a mistake he was positive for covid . So one mistake from a doctor may have possibly given this thing to me and quite a few other people including my friends mom who is in the hospital still.
“ TrUSt ThE SCiEnCE”

Apparently I’m still positive for COVID despite being over 2 weeks past start of symptoms and not being sick in a long time. Doctor basically said ignore it , it’s as if you tested negative .

Guess what? I discovered someone in my circle who got COVID before me . 1 month ago my friend wasn’t feeling well and went to the doctor . He was told he had mono , but not covid .... turns out they made a mistake he was positive for covid . So one mistake from a doctor may have possibly given this thing to me and quite a few other people including my friends mom who is in the hospital still.
“ TrUSt ThE SCiEnCE”

Ummm you can be sick with it for more than two weeks. The doctor said ignore it? That's crazy. You could still pass it on to people now. There's a reason why people need to have several tests in a row where it comes back negative to return to work or sports teams so they don't infect others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back