• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like France has been going the long way for a while, and maybe like Italy is beginning the climb... Yikes.

Also, looks like maybe Spain is rounding the corner on it's 2nd wave, but that graph looks off at first glance.
View attachment 47582

View attachment 47583
View attachment 47584
I think you can delay but not deny it. A virus is going to do it's thing and there is little we can do until it runs its course or a miracle cure comes out.

India reports 76,665 new cases and 1,019 new deaths. The second most cases in a day by a country.
Brazil reports 48,112 new cases and 845 new deaths. Brazil is still reporting a lot of cases but the deaths are starting to go down.

Also Spain is experiencing a second wave of infections. Today, they reported 3,829 new cases and 15 new deaths. The patients in severe or critical condition however has been increasing. They now have 751 patients in severe or critical condition.

Brother in law is recovering. Sounds like it hit him a little rough. It’s been 11 days after he started symptoms and neither his wife or four kids have any symptoms. Definitely something to this Tcell stuff.

I just want to go on record and say there is ZERO social distancing going on where we are in Tennessee. Very few people wear masks. ZERO social distancing. It’s business as usual here. Anybody know how their numbers compare to the rest of the continental US?

I’ve talked to several families from all up and down the east coast from, West Virginia to Detroit to Florida, who had their original summer vacations cancelled so they decided to come spend their money in Tennessee. Makes me wonder about the long term economic and monetary ramifications of these Covid mandates and lockdowns. I don’t think we’ll really know the extent of the impact for at least a few years. Just something to ponder on.

I just want to go on record and say there is ZERO social distancing going on where we are in Tennessee. Very few people wear masks. ZERO social distancing. It’s business as usual here. Anybody know how their numbers compare to the rest of the continental US?

Mirroring the rest of the south with declining cases and hospitalizations.

Mirroring the rest of the south with declining cases and hospitalizations.

Covid World O Meter tells a different story for the past week in Alabama. After cases and deaths falling for the month of August... this last week has saw them rise again

Covid World O Meter tells a different story for the past week in Alabama. After cases and deaths falling for the month of August... this last week has saw them rise again

From what I can glean from the Bamatracker Twitter feed, the case increase is nearly all from backlog or mass testing at AL and AU.

The deaths per day is actually really good although the dumps look bad.

India reports 78,472 new cases and 944 new deaths. They were 1 case short of becoming the country with the most cases reported in a day.https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1299791563598499841

From what I can glean from the Bamatracker Twitter feed, the case increase is nearly all from backlog or mass testing at AL and AU.

The deaths per day is actually really good although the dumps look bad.

Only caveat is that date of death statistics are going to be underreported over the most recent two weeks or so, so keep that in mind.

Only caveat is that date of death statistics are going to be underreported over the most recent two weeks or so, so keep that in mind.

Absolutely true. Some of these dates will have deaths added to them, still the quick downward trend is supported by the hospital numbers just probably not as quick as that graph shows.

Local hospital here had dipped into the low 80s as far as hospitalizations went and stayed down there for awhile but jumped back up to 101 yesterday.

Whoa, as of today the hospital that had been getting the majority of the COVID hospitalizations in the area (although I think AU Health is bigger, they haven't had the most hospitalizations), is down to 48, as recently as a few weeks ago to last month, it was as high as 80 I believe.

Cases look as if they're starting to come down finally again in the county, but with how much they were shooting up for a while, and with these area hospitals likely being a hub for a major radius, you'd think the hospitals would be in worse shape and they're not for whatever reason.

It'll be interesting to see if whether the fall/winter does anything because if not, I really can't think of anything else.

Interesting enough, RMC in Anniston is down to 22 covid patients. From my mom who lives in Cleburne county they are having their spike. My brother in law had it, my brothers wife had it and now their pastors wife is positive.

Coosa county never spiked, but I know it’s because the virus is scared of my county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back