• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of how things have changed. I had an employee having some chest pains, he went to see his Dr and first thing they did was a COVID test and sent him home. Test was negative and later discovered it was bronchitis but I couldn't help but think, 6 months ago you go to Dr with chest pains you end up at Wake Med (or insert local Cardiac facility). Couple weeks ago my dad had a low grade fever (max was 100) and severe headache, he calls his Dr and they tell him before they will see him he needs a COVID test. He got tested, results were negative and his Dr never followed back up about the fever and headache. Almost as if, hey it's not COVID you're fine.... now to be fair, he also feels much better, no more fever and no more headache, probably just sinus/cold/something. Just weird how there was no follow up once the test was negative.

So, i got the same feeling. Dr. told me it was probably a viral bug, but wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic anyways. Told me if I was still coughing in 3-4 days to fill the prescription. Got the subtle feeling it was her nice way of saying "please don't come back until youre done coughing."

If my math is correct, our positive rate in NC for today is 12 percent. So, maybe the decline is related to fewer tests. 12 percent is a high number.
ABC11 reported the below.... that's 12.5% not 7%, I'd like to know how they came up with 7%

Also on Tuesday, the state reported 1,263 more COVID-19 cases, more than double Monday's two-month low. At the same time, 10,048 completed tests were reported, the lowest in more than a month. 7% of tests are positive--a slight increase from last week.

If my math is correct, our positive rate in NC for today is 12 percent. So, maybe the decline is related to fewer tests. 12 percent is a high number.
It was 7% today. The cases from today aren't just from tests yesterday. Sometimes it can take 2-3 days (or more, though it sounds like the delay has been fixed)

ABC11 reported the below.... that's 12.5% not 7%, I'd like to know how they came up with 7%

Also on Tuesday, the state reported 1,263 more COVID-19 cases, more than double Monday's two-month low. At the same time, 10,048 completed tests were reported, the lowest in more than a month. 7% of tests are positive--a slight increase from last week.

Im just happy that my math was in the ballpark!

My best friend has pneumonia but won't know if it's from covid for at least two days. How can we possibly control this virus if it takes that long to know if you have it. He's not just curious if he has it and taking a test, he has pneumonia and is very healthy,never sick. It is disturbing that it takes this long to find out if he has covid, it's been almost six months and we still aren't testing fast enough.

My best friend has pneumonia but won't know if it's from covid for at least two days. How can we possibly control this virus if it takes that long to know if you have it. He's not just curious if he has it and taking a test, he has pneumonia and is very healthy,never sick. It is disturbing that it takes this long to find out if he has covid, it's been almost six months and we still aren't testing fast enough.
it is ridiculous. And it's been apparent from Day 1 that controlling this virus is not what was on the agenda.

I got tested today at Rex urgent care and will have my results tomorrow. Also made the doctor order me a c. Diff test as well. We will see what it is tomorrow

You would know if you had c-diff. Worst 5 months of my life.
I have had c diff before that’s why I ordered the test . I have had diarrhea for a week now . Worst time of my life as well. I was fresh into college and then had that just completely screw me over

I have had c diff before that’s why I ordered the test . I have had diarrhea for a week now . Worst time of my life as well. I was fresh into college and then had that just completely screw me over

Yeah it's a different level of misery. At my worst it was 40 to 50 trips to the bathroom a day. I did 5 rounds of 21days of vancomycin before I finally beat it. First symptoms in early October(actually the day hurricane Micheal made landfall) and didnt beat it till March.

Results came back positive for COVID. Diarrhea though may not be COVID related at all and just a flare-up of my ulcerative colitis. With that being said my GI doctor wants me to take prednisone for a month. It seems to help with COVID but mainly in patients with severe illness while hampering perhaps patients with less severe illness. I don't know, I mean the doctor should know best but I'm still a little worried. Wondering if I should ignore him and not take any prednisone.

Results came back positive for COVID. Diarrhea though may not be COVID related at all and just a flare-up of my ulcerative colitis. With that being said my GI doctor wants me to take prednisone for a month. It seems to help with COVID but mainly in patients with severe illness while hampering perhaps patients with less severe illness. I don't know, I mean the doctor should know best but I'm still a little worried. Wondering if I should ignore him and not take any prednisone.

Damn man. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back