• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...this has been a common trajectory virtually everywhere that outbreaks have occurred. And not just in the US. Cases fall, followed by deaths. We'll just have to see if we get a secondary peak at some point down the road.

The explanations for this seem to fall over a few camps:

Diminished testing, due to political pressure or incompetence

People taking personal hygiene and masking and social distancing more seriously and continuing to do so, even after cases drop

Herd immunity

I guess it's a pick em.

It seems to me that if the decline in NC could be attributed to a limited supply of tests that our good governor would certainly have said so (Maybe he has and I haven’t heard?)

NC’s numbers are certainly on the decline, if not in rapid decline.

How are the other states doing?
Just think how much better thos numbers would be if students ar UNC had been more careful, 4 clusters and 130 positive cases. Oh and just like that, they're back to online classes only, that didn't take long

I think I have covid, all my kids are showing symptoms. They seem to be ok but this has knocked me on my butt, feels like a bad flu. Though i guess it could be the flu. I haven’t been this sick in summer in years if ever.
Man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. We need you in tip top shape to help us chase the warmth this winter!

Are you going to get tested?

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. We need you in tip top shape to help us chase the warmth this winter!

Are you going to get tested?

Got a test yesterday but they said there is a lot of false negatives still. I wasn’t nearly as sick yesterday, should have waited until today or tomorrow to get tested. I have a friend that got tested to early and it was negative. She re-tested a weak later and was positive.

It seems to me that if the decline in NC could be attributed to a limited supply of tests that our good governor would certainly have said so (Maybe he has and I haven’t heard?)
The positivity rate is down in this state, as well, so it's not a lack of testing driving the decline. And hospitalizations are declining, as well.

Let’s give it two weeks to see how schools do some are open or will try to open and cause our state to look worse in the nation

I don’t understand UNC shuddering in person classes already. It should’ve been obvious there would be Covid-19 clusters in dorms. This was always going to happen. If a few clusters was enough for them to end in person instruction, they should’ve never even tried in person instruction in the first place because this was inevitable.

Look damnit nobody in here better succumb to Covid. I need everybody to focus. We’re due a boardwide winter storm and I want everybody here for it. Take this opportunity to tell the ones you love that you love them. Pick that phone up. @KyloG feel better buddy. Prayers to you and yours.

So my kid in preschool brought home a lovely cold. I went to see the Dr, and it was all i could do to get seen. Made me kinda chuckle how things have changed. Back in March and April you had to prove to the Dr. you have Covid to get a Covid test. Now in August, you have to prove it's NOT covid to be seen. lol.

So my kid in preschool brought home a lovely cold. I went to see the Dr, and it was all i could do to get seen. Made me kinda chuckle how things have changed. Back in March and April you had to prove to the Dr. you have Covid to get a Covid test. Now in August, you have to prove it's NOT covid to be seen. lol.
The cold is going around. Our family had it last week.

All of this rain and increased mold/fungus has made my allergies go bananas. I thought I was a goner last Tuesday when I had a sore throat and runny nose. Took a claritin and flonase and symptoms started going away and said yeah probably not covid
You know, I want to say something about you asking for all that rain but I will refrain............ *whistling*

Speaking of how things have changed. I had an employee having some chest pains, he went to see his Dr and first thing they did was a COVID test and sent him home. Test was negative and later discovered it was bronchitis but I couldn't help but think, 6 months ago you go to Dr with chest pains you end up at Wake Med (or insert local Cardiac facility). Couple weeks ago my dad had a low grade fever (max was 100) and severe headache, he calls his Dr and they tell him before they will see him he needs a COVID test. He got tested, results were negative and his Dr never followed back up about the fever and headache. Almost as if, hey it's not COVID you're fine.... now to be fair, he also feels much better, no more fever and no more headache, probably just sinus/cold/something. Just weird how there was no follow up once the test was negative.

Yeah allergies is kicking my ass, especially at night I get a very stuffy nose and drainage, then when I wake up and move around it goes away, allergies is even hitting my dog bad This year

So I wonder what’s gonna happen this winter when regular influenzas/colds comes into the picture, I wonder how that will effect the amount of testing, how that will effect things at the hospitals, jobs and all that, because I’m sure that some people who catch the flu will think they have covid 19, and that will cause lots of confusion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back