• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Carolina COVID-19 hospitalizations fell to 934 today, the first time under 1,000 in over a month. I think there’s some weirdness going on because of the weekend so imagine it will bump up some on Tuesday, but regardless there has been a pretty clear downward trend over the last three weeks.

The CLI surveillance also shows this quite clearly.

Lol at the schools closing down for the first day of class tomorrow because everyone in the open house was exposed to multiple positive cases. Believe it is Iredell County. They should have followed Wilkes County Schools when they cancelled last minute open houses and went all remote. Let’s see how much this spreads now and more deaths because they thought open house was a good idea ?

Are we still expecting a second wave of this in the fall/winter or not?
Yes remember the inside of Tyson Foods in Wilkesboro is cold and damp and we saw what happened in that type of environment. On the contrast, some research suggests all the cleaning/masks etc we could wipe out the flu and other sicknesses tenfold compared to previous flu seasons.

NC PowerSchool server crashed first day state wide. School is cancelled folks enjoy an extra day of summer.

They tried to put my cousin on some type of ventilator this morning and when they did, his heart stopped. I’m not sure how common that is.

Typically when putting a person on a ventilator they give you something to keep you out. They don't want you waking up with the ventilator down your throat. His heart may not have been able to cope with that drug in it's weakened / stressed state.

Sorry for your family's loss Jimmy.

NC’s numbers are certainly on the decline, if not in rapid decline.

How are the other states doing?
I've been watching the "date of onset" for Georgia and we peaked on 7/11 and continue to decline at a fairly good clip. Masks are certainly more numerous but we'll see how going back to school works.

SC numbers are declining...may or may not go back up today...Numbers for yesterday were under 600 (not sure the last day we were under 600 cases in a single day).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...this has been a common trajectory virtually everywhere that outbreaks have occurred. And not just in the US. Cases fall, followed by deaths. We'll just have to see if we get a secondary peak at some point down the road.

The explanations for this seem to fall over a few camps:

Diminished testing, due to political pressure or incompetence

People taking personal hygiene and masking and social distancing more seriously and continuing to do so, even after cases drop

Herd immunity

I guess it's a pick em.

I've been watching the "date of onset" for Georgia and we peaked on 7/11 and continue to decline at a fairly good clip. Masks are certainly more numerous but we'll see how going back to school works.

Yeah I finally was able to load the Georgia DPH website and it does look like things actually might be beginning to calm down. We're still not where we need to be, but it's calming down.

It does look like something that people were afraid of is happening though, rural south Georgia (closer to southeast this time), has been getting absolutely hammered over the last couple weeks. But like I said it at least "seems" as if Georgia's major hospitals have managed to keep it in control, even if they're very busy. It's not chaos like it was in New York.

Seems as if it was similar earlier in Arizona (think I might have even mentioned it). Busy, but not chaotic and a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back