• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC numbers have definitely plateaued and or are beginning to decline. I've noticed that the numbers of tests in the past week are also trending down. Is this because fewer people are needing tests, or do we not know?

NC numbers have definitely plateaued and or are beginning to decline. I've noticed that the numbers of tests in the past week are also trending down. Is this because fewer people are needing tests, or do we not know?
It’s gotten bad enough recently they cancelled school last minute after everyone bought supplies and stuff. The Wilkes journal patriot keeps reporting new outbreaks (now at the jail) but health website does not reflect it. It’s been dead here since the major Tyson outbreak but the virus made a comeback. My answer is politics based on what I hear from some of the closed door republican meetings in Wilkes (can’t speak for other areas).

I’m wondering that, too. And the positive rate has been declining, as well. It was just 5% on today’s report, which is the lowest I’ve seen in months.

It's the standard progression. Cases will begin to rapidly drop, followed by deaths.

When we cough and breath think of an aresol can being sprayed that's how it spreads...

Let’s make it mandatory for those over 60 so it will include all politicians. Then let’s wait 2 years before lowering the age to 50...40. If anything goes wrong those with money can die first or spend their money fixing it for the rest of us.

The bulk of the MSM constantly and conveniently ignores the effect of the BLM based protests because the MSM is mainly liberally biased. That double standard is one of the worst I've ever seen. And then they have the nerve to criticize the big motorcycle gathering without also criticizing the protests!

I don't think governments should make vaccines mandatory, but workplaces can and I wouldn't be surprised if many will (I would guess they'd still have 2 exceptions, but I'd feel like I was cheating personally if I claimed I am not going to get one for religious reasons). Not just healthcare either. Would guess colleges might too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if many workplaces don't in the southeast because of the general attitude most of the southeast has had all along. So, everyone in the southeast can keep on with doing them.

Either way, if some theories or things thought by scientists I've seen turn out to be true, it probably won't matter by the time one is out. IF it turns out to be true that a mere 15% exposure to the virus can start a burnout that unwinds us to where any new cases can be managed by us, then we really can't be too far from that in the southeast honestly already (which is why I've said that the southeast should monitor how things go for a few more weeks before deciding what's going to happen with CFB). If we need more on the long of 30-50% exposure to the virus for herd immunity, then still, we don't need everyone to take the vaccine (then you can ask why should workplaces make vaccines mandatory, well, ask the ones that do if we do see the pathway I'm talking about).

Your TL/DR here is: Either way you want to play it, from sometime in the spring of 2021 on, we should be starting to get back to normal completely even if you don't want to be homer-ific on your timelines.

I will also add, from what I heard on NPR, looking to try to crush the curve to nothing with long lockdowns that are stricter than what we saw in the US might not be a winning strategy after all. Cases are rising in Europe. Think I heard Germany has now recorded 1000 cases for the first time in a while?

Actually looks like they might be consistently recording that amount over the last week or so.

Mayor of the town of Washington right down the road passed from Covid today.....

This

This. Right. Here

Guess you didn’t see my actual clinical data post about myocarditis and heart abnormalities found young, healthy, asymptomatic and unhospitalized patients. That sums a non-clinical view and emotional reaction, nothing based on science. We see athletes fall to the ground of cardiac issues during games and they end up dying. Do you want to see that this year? Want to leave it up to the families and a kid who isn’t even 21 yet to decide? This is why there are people in charge of organizations to make a more logical, and not emotional, choice.

You may not understand that an athletes heart beats at peak performance during games 190bpm+ on top of that they’re dehydrated usually all game long. Pair that with unknown and undiagnosed heart inflammation due to an asymptomatic virus, it’s a recipe for disaster. Why risk it for sports? No, football players didn’t accept risk of playing with myocarditis — that ambulance at the stadium is there in case of injury such as ACL, concussion, etc. not literal death.

Look, I love football. But what you’re asking is kids to risk their lives for your enjoyment. I hope it’s delayed or canceled unless they can do CMR scans on players before games.

I must have missed all those NBA, MLB, NHL, and European soccer professional athletes who have been dying from these undetected heart ailments post-COVID... they've all been back practicing and competing for a couple months now...

Maybe professional athletes are immune? :rolleyes:

Regardless, the health protocols I saw posted by the Big 12 indicated that athletes would be tested three times a week and those who test positive would not be eligible to return to action until (obviously) they have two consecutive negative tests, an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram, and a cardiac MRI. Seems fairly comprehensive to me...

Last edited:
Speaking of heart issues it’s getting worse for me, shortness of breath at night, waves of anxiety from it, and fatigue, and palpitations, I just dont feel right, going to the hospital later, I really do think this is post covid crap

You can contract myocarditis from other viruses. It's not new news, although from things I've read, if you do contract it, it seems like it can be scary af. I have occasionally had some odd things happen within my chest, and it really sucks to do so.

The much better deal for me would be to see the percentage of recovered young people that contract it. Or the percentage of heart problems in general post-covid.

Edit: which they may have preliminary things here that I saw and it went over my head, or just didn't see.

Last edited:
I must have missed all those NBA, MLB, NHL, and European soccer professional athletes who have been dying from these undetected heart ailments post-COVID... they've all been back practicing and competing for a couple months now...

Maybe professional athletes are immune? :rolleyes:

Regardless, the health protocols I saw posted by the Big 12 indicated that athletes would be tested three times a week and those who test positive would not be eligible to return to action until (obviously) they have two consecutive negative tests, an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram, and a cardiac MRI. Seems fairly comprehensive to me...

Basically what you're saying is we should wait until the athletes start falling dead from heart attacks to actually take any action to protect them from well established and reported post covid-19 ailments. It's the equivalent of saying we shouldn't be prepared for a hurricane until one actually hits us because there hasn't been any yet this season.

Do you actually know what the word precaution means? A measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening.

Smh

Guess you didn’t see my actual clinical data post about myocarditis and heart abnormalities found young, healthy, asymptomatic and unhospitalized patients. That sums a non-clinical view and emotional reaction, nothing based on science. We see athletes fall to the ground of cardiac issues during games and they end up dying. Do you want to see that this year? Want to leave it up to the families and a kid who isn’t even 21 yet to decide? This is why there are people in charge of organizations to make a more logical, and not emotional, choice.

You may not understand that an athletes heart beats at peak performance during games 190bpm+ on top of that they’re dehydrated usually all game long. Pair that with unknown and undiagnosed heart inflammation due to an asymptomatic virus, it’s a recipe for disaster. Why risk it for sports? No, football players didn’t accept risk of playing with myocarditis — that ambulance at the stadium is there in case of injury such as ACL, concussion, etc. not literal death.

Look, I love football. But what you’re asking is kids to risk their lives for your enjoyment. I hope it’s delayed or canceled unless they can do CMR scans on players before games.

That post looks like just more bait from Jimmy, I wonder if he actually tries to put any effort or a single ounce of thought into his posts in this thread anymore. Of course, the usual suspects on here will eat it up with little, if any thought or research on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back