• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is an actual challenge that they have shown on numerous news outlets..they’re encouraging it..it’s extremely dangerous..heat stroke is life altering.

It's only a challenge for unhealthy,lazy people. I worked in construction for years and wore a mask in the summer working in a attic and I survived. I also didn't inhale insulation and that's much more deadly than wearing a mask.

Guess I'm an oddity and this definitely doesn't keep your mask clean, but I definitely don't leave my mask on outdoors. I sometimes pull and tug at it, and if I'm moving from place to place and I'm outside, I wear it on my neck.

The point of a mask to me is to not touch your face, but that does absolutely nothing for me lol. I still adjust my glasses a fair bit and now at times I adjust my mask.

I'm definitely going to have to get better with that when I head back to doing clinicals.

If your point was to paint mask wearing in a negative light, one heavily cherry-picked fact is a pretty miserable, desperate attempt at doing it.
lol it was just a fact. It’s a fact that more children have died from masks in China than have died from the actual virus in Canada. I admitted it was petty, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s true.

Using a country with one of the best health care systems in the world, that has citizens who take the virus seriously, as the best case scenario for this virus doesn't have much to do with America. I'm not sure what your unending quest to minimize this virus comes from but it's old and not really funny or helpful.
Would you not at least agree that strenuous exercise with a facial covering is dangerous? Or would you say it’s safe?

At this point he’s showing himself to be the type of person who just likes to say stuff to annoy people. He has not engaged in this topic in any serious way for quite some time.
Bad comment Poimen.

It can be argued that I took this more serious than anyone on this board back when this thing was in its infancy. I had a years worth of meat in my freezer. A years worth of canned goods. 2 years worth of insulin. I mean come on I bought $500 worth of ammo. (Edit: I bought 3 washable N-95 masks off of Amazon at the end of February!!) I was prepared and even laughed by some on this board.

Now that I’m seeing what it actually is we’re dealing with, and considering I’VE ALREADY HAD IT, I am no longer scared. However, the economic downfall from Covid is still very much up in the air.

The human response to Covid. That is what scares me.

Bad comment Poimen.

It can be argued that I took this more serious than anyone on this board back when this thing was in its infancy. I had a years worth of meat in my freezer. A years worth of canned goods. 2 years worth of insulin. I mean come on I bought $500 worth of ammo. (Edit: I bought 3 washable N-95 masks off of Amazon at the end of February!!) I was prepared and even laughed by some on this board.

Now that I’m seeing what it actually is we’re dealing with, and considering I’VE ALREADY HAD IT, I am no longer scared. However, the economic downfall from Covid is still very much up in the air.

Unless you've walked in the ICUs that are full and have many doctors sounding the alarm then all you have is an opinion of what we're dealing with.

Unless you've walked in the ICUs that are full and have many doctors sounding the alarm then all you have is an opinion of what we're dealing with.
Our ICU is not full and deaths are not occurring with Covid complications. That’s more than opinion, it’s fact.

Lawsuits..people with medical devices/refrigerated medication

Like I said earlier, human response to Covid is what scares me.
View attachment 46128
Wow just wow, they beg and scream and about the rights of illegals and providing free healthcare and such for them , but now a basic human right such as water can be cutoff ?

Last edited:
Our ICU is not full and deaths are not occurring with Covid complications. That’s more than opinion, it’s fact.

But also a singular example. As you may not be having issues in Faytteville Georgia there are clearly cases and examples to the opposite in other places. A co-worker I've known for 20 years is currently hospitalized with it.

Yall have downplayed this every chance you can because you're afraid of the political fallout from our incredibly horrendous response.

lol it was just a fact. It’s a fact that more children have died from masks in China than have died from the actual virus in Canada. I admitted it was petty, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s true.
It was not just petty, it’s just downright pathetic, especially when the children’s cause of death wasn’t conclusively attributable to the mask. It’s also a fact that China has nearly 1.5 billion people and Canada has 34 million, ?-oranges

Last edited:
Bad comment Poimen.

Yeah because you already had it, seems like a nothingburger to you doesn’t mean the millions of other people that have contracted it and “recovered” even remotely feel the same way. You’re also very naive in assuming you don’t have long term any complications from contracting said virus, as cardiovascular issues seem to be a commonality even in many young, healthy patients that have“fully recovered”.

If you want any reasonable person in this thread to take what you say seriously and avoid finding yourself in timeout at some point, you may want to lay off on the cockiness, incessant conspiracy theories, overzealous sarcasm, & constant baiting.

Last edited:
Yeah because you already had it, seems like a nothingburger to you doesn’t mean the millions of other people that have contracted it and “recovered” feel the same way. You’re also very naive in assuming you don’t have long term any complications from contracting said virus, as cardiovascular issues seem to be a commonality even in many young, healthy patients that have“fully recovered”.

If you want any reasonable person in this thread to take what you say seriously and avoid finding yourself in timeout at some point, you may want to lay off on the cockiness, incessant conspiracy theories, overzealous sarcasm, & constant baiting.
Webb, I’ve seen this movie before. Let’s just don’t because I can be a sh*t head too. I’ve said it before, I’m here to punch holes in the doomsday echo chamber. I can’t control the way you or anyone else reads my words on a screen.

Webb, I’ve seen this movie before. Let’s just don’t because I can be a sh*t head too. I’ve said it before, I’m here to punch holes in the doomsday echo chamber. I can’t control the way you or anyone else reads my words on a screen.

No, you haven’t, what makes you think you know everything there is to know about this virus all of a sudden and how do you know that this isn’t that serious? I guess you could tell that to the 160K that have died and an even larger fraction of those that have“recovered” suffering from long term complications.

If you’re gonna downplay Covid-19, you could certainly try a little harder than regurgitating a far right wing NY post article.

I honestly don’t know what I’m doing to make everyone hate me so much in the virus thread. You guys just want me to upvote you and echo your own thoughts? Is it not ok to have differing opinions on unsettled science? Can I not say that the economics of Covid scares me more than the virus itself?

I honestly don’t know what I’m doing to make everyone hate me so much in the virus thread. You guys just want me to upvote you and echo your own thoughts? Is it not ok to have differing opinions on unsettled science? Can I not say that the economics of Covid scares me more than the virus itself?

There’s a difference between having a legitimate differing opinion and constantly promulgating debunked, far right-wing Covid 19 conspiracy theories, baiting other posters, & thinking you know everything about Covid-19 because you contracted the virus and “recovered”.

There’s a difference between having a legitimate differing opinion and constantly promulgating debunked, far right-wing Covid 19 conspiracy theories, baiting other posters, & thinking you know everything about Covid-19 because you contracted the virus and “recovered”.
You may read my experience with Covid as “cocky” but the only reason I bring it up is to kill the fear. I went months never hearing of anyone In my circle contracting the disease and then BOOM I wake up with it one day. Quite sick. Just not for long. Dude I have people I went to high school with, my age and much healthier, and they admittedly still will not leave the house for anything other than essentials..I shared my Covid story on a Type 1 Disbetic Social Media page and you would not believe the feedback I got and the hope my story gave those people like myself with already a barrage of adversity on their plate. I will not be an advocate for fear.

You may read my experience with Covid as “cocky” but the only reason I bring it up is to kill the fear. I went months never hearing of anyone In my circle contracting the disease and then BOOM I wake up with it one day. Quite sick. Just not for long. Dude I have people I went to high school with, my age and much healthier, and they admittedly still will not leave the house for anything other than essentials..I shared my Covid story on a Type 1 Disbetic Social Media page and you would not believe the feedback I got and the hope my story gave those people like myself with already a barrage of adversity on their plate. I will not be an advocate for fear.

The cautionary tale here and one I hope you take seriously is that not every story is the same with this virus. Yes you got over it quick and that may help someone with type 1 feel at ease........maybe they take their guard down and then get it and their story isnt the same as yours in the end.

The only consistent thing about covid is that it hits everyone differently and nobody knows how it will effect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back