• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know this particular lady's situation, but just for some perspective... Some hospital workers (or others in healthcare industries) take contamination of their PPE seriously and want to take it off properly and be able to sanitize afterward. Many hospitals and other healthcare facilities require their employees to be masked up 100% of the time on campus, from the car to the building and then back again at the end of the day. So many of them prefer to keep the mask on until they get home where they can take off their PPE properly. So I don't think it's too strange if they have a mask on way to and from work.

The face shield... a little harder to come up with reasons for that one in the car solo.
Not here, wife’s sister works at North Side Covid unit. They are required to wear normal clothes into the hospital. They have a room where they change. When the shift is over they go back into that room change ,wash up and then you put your normal clothes on when going home.

Not here, wife’s sister works at North Side Covid unit. They are required to wear normal clothes into the hospital. They have a room where they change. When the shift is over they go back into that room change ,wash up and then you put your normal clothes on when going home.
Neat. I wonder which method the employees prefer. I'm sure each hospital or system has their own nuances.

Neat. I wonder which method the employees prefer. I'm sure each hospital or system has their own nuances.
She likes the process. The gear they have to wear is awful. They keep the Covid floors very cold but with all the walking she said they sweat a lot. They never use the same gear and never take any PPE home per hospital rules. I think it’s per system but I’ll ask her.

As we were going home today from our vacation, we went to Cold Springs Cafe in boondock South Carolina. I really wanted to spend some time sitting in the air conditioning, so I redirected to there about 8-10ish minutes off SC-28 even though it upset my dad for a second, but I figured I'd let in on what we found.

Very few masks (we actually had ours on going in but I didn't put mine on going back out).

No social distancing.

None of their employees had on masks.

We're not going to take any action, but from what I saw, and see in here, some of y'all would 100% report them. Because I believe SC actually mostly has an indoor mask mandate now from things I've read and I would assume an indoor mask mandate includes rural South Carolina haha.

Food was good, I don't really regret redirecting off the main highway.

At least one part of North Carolina is doing pretty excellently at wearing masks...to the point of even putting them on when they're on the trail. We did not there but I saw a lot more people with masks on than I thought I would on the trail we were on.

Can someone explain why this video is supposed to be a bad moment for Trump? Seems like they are both confused with each other.

The interviewer isnt confused at all, well I mean he is as not confused as someone talking to Trump can be given his rambling babble.....kudos to this guy for calling Trump on his lies, but then stroking Trumps ego enough to keep him talking.

Trumps response to 1000 Americans dying from Covid everyday was literally " it is what it is"

Trumps new campaign slogan should be "It is what it is" lol

The interviewer isnt confused at all, well I mean he is as not confused as someone talking to Trump can be given his rambling babble.....kudos to this guy for calling Trump on his lies, but then stroking Trumps ego enough to keep him talking.

Trumps response to 1000 Americans dying from Covid everyday was literally " it is what it is"

Trumps new campaign slogan should be "It is what it is" lol

I like the slogan. I use it a lot.

Anyone have any inside knowledge regarding what Gov. Cooper will decide today?

My guess is we stay where we are (phase 2).

Anyone have any inside knowledge regarding what Gov. Cooper will decide today?

My guess is we stay where we are (phase 2).
I expect this, as well. There’s some evidence that things may be leveling off or even improving a little, but I don’t see enough evidence of this to deviate from the status quo.

I’m working on Hartwell GA today and I have yet to see anyone wearing a mask.

You guys are awesome.
Speaking of us our testing has dropped off significantly since early July despite the lies that they're increasing. No wonder the case count leveled off and dropped. Deaths still high daily.

Speaking of us our testing has dropped off significantly since early July despite the lies that they're increasing. No wonder the case count leveled off and dropped. Deaths still high daily.
I now have had many people I know get tested in the past two weeks. It's not for lack of availability as they all got seen quickly. It could be that summer camps are winding down and all the athletes and such for schools have all been tested.

Edit: our Rt value by both sites I've checked is either at 1 or below so that should indicate a corner has been turned as well. I see a lot more masks and people taking this serious than back in June.

more kids have died from wearing a mask in China than have died from the coronavirus in Canada

I expect this, as well. There’s some evidence that things may be leveling off or even improving a little, but I don’t see enough evidence of this to deviate from the status quo.
I just don’t think people are getting tested, they’re probably trying to find ways to cope with it themselves and take leave from work without much fanfare if they believe they’ve contracted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back