• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A coworkers son tested positive after a wedding last month. In total 18 people got it and 1 older man died. Now 6 weeks later his son went for a job at the local hospital and tested positive still......he is asymptomatic now despite the positive result.

179 flu-associated pediatric deaths unfortunately. About 179 more then Covid-19. Dis like it all y’all want but is worse to see a child die then a 80 something. At least they lived a full life.
I don't think the MAIN concern with school opening is that kids will die from covid (though that is a concern, even though the chances of a healthy child dying from it is very small). It's that kids will spread it amongst themselves and bring it home to parents, and grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and spread it to the teachers, many of which are older or have underlying conditions that could cause complications or deaths.

Let's face it, kids are not the best when it comes to good hygiene. Most don't understand nor do they care how important it is to wash their hands frequently, to not touch their faces, to not pick their nose, etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On a positive note, hospitalizations in NC have declined by nearly 200 in the past week.
Lowest levels since early July in today’s report (although only 79% of hospitals reporting, so I’m wondering how that may affect that metric), and CLI surveillance also showed a decrease in last Thursday’s report compared to the prior week, which kind of confirms this. Additionally, the percent positive rate continues to decline and the number of cases reported the last couple days has been the lowest in a while. Definitely some reasons to be optimistic.

Let’s argue ?

I heard the jist is the Dutch are better at social distancing so they don’t feel the mask are needed. However, in areas where SD isn’t possible they are wanting mask for things such as mass transit.

I hope she's not in a car accident! That plexi would cut deep. Why would you wear PPE in a car, by yourself? (Exceptions for Uber, Taxi's and Lyft).
I don't know this particular lady's situation, but just for some perspective... Some hospital workers (or others in healthcare industries) take contamination of their PPE seriously and want to take it off properly and be able to sanitize afterward. Many hospitals and other healthcare facilities require their employees to be masked up 100% of the time on campus, from the car to the building and then back again at the end of the day. So many of them prefer to keep the mask on until they get home where they can take off their PPE properly. So I don't think it's too strange if they have a mask on way to and from work.

The face shield... a little harder to come up with reasons for that one in the car solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back