• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the record, it sounds like we have unanimous agreement, with the exception of far right sources (and of course, those people affiliated with the Trump administration) that hydroxychloroquine is not only ineffective as a treatment for Covid-19, but it could also be harmful and perhaps fatal as well.

Do I have that right?
North side hospital is also using rocephin to treat Covid-19 and so far it’s helping.

In other news, two acquaintances (husband and wife in the mid 40s) are both hospitalized with COVID related pneumonia. The husband is improving but the wife may require a ventilator soon.

One of the teachers in our daycare who tested positive and became quite ill (not requiring hospitalization), was on the mend when she later developed pneumonia and other infections. She seems to have finally made a full recovery.

Bottom line: COVID is highly unpredictable in who it chooses to infect with serious illness. I'm not one who favors shutting down again, but I do believe that it is prudent to take any measure necessary to prevent or slow the spread. You just never know who it will choose to do serious harm to.

In other news, two acquaintances (husband and wife in the mid 40s) are both hospitalized with COVID related pneumonia. The husband is improving but the wife may require a ventilator soon.

One of the teachers in our daycare who tested positive and became quite ill (not requiring hospitalization), was on the mend when she later developed pneumonia and other infections. She seems to have finally made a full recovery.

Bottom line: COVID is highly unpredictable in who it chooses to infect with serious illness. I'm not one who favors shutting down again, but I do believe that it is prudent to take any measure necessary to prevent or slow the spread. You just never know who it will choose to do serious harm to.
Do you know if any of the seriously I'll had any sort of underlying conditions?

Do you know if any of the seriously I'll had any sort of underlying conditions?

Not to my knowledge but I cannot say for sure.

From my layman's perspective, it seems as though this coronavirus shares some similarities with the 1918 flu pandemic in that, just as in 1918, the virus becomes a potential pathway for secondary infections that cause the pneumonia or other respiratory problems. For years it was assumed that the 1918 pandemic was caused by bacterial pneumonia that was found in many of the deadly cases. But it was only later discovered that it was in fact a flu virus that then allowed for the secondary invaders, many of which were deadly themselves. COVID 19 has some similarities, although obviously it is not as lethal--at least not currently.

Not to my knowledge but I cannot say for sure.

From my layman's perspective, it seems as though this coronavirus shares some similarities with the 1918 flu pandemic in that, just as in 1918, the virus becomes a potential pathway for secondary infections that cause the pneumonia or other respiratory problems. For years it was assumed that the 1918 pandemic was caused by bacterial pneumonia that was found in many of the deadly cases. But it was only later discovered that it was in fact a flu virus that then allowed for the secondary invaders, many of which were deadly themselves. COVID 19 has some similarities, although obviously it is not as lethal--at least not currently.
What's really weird about the virus is that it seems to randomly create all kinds of other weird symptoms, from neurological, to blood clotting, etc. Would be nice to get a really good, detailed data analysis of all of this stuff.

What's really weird about the virus is that it seems to randomly create all kinds of other weird symptoms, from neurological, to blood clotting, etc. Would be nice to get a really good, detailed data analysis of all of this stuff.
From what I’ve read, the 1918 flu also left many victims with strange neurological symptoms, chief among them was Woodrow Wilson.

If I remember correctly, it’s likely tied to the virus attaching itself to certain brain cells.

Please. I would love that. That way we can see all the theories presented by the tin foil hat crowd.
Yea like this cure Biden was talking about.
.@JoeBiden: "I had nurses at Walter Reed hospital who would bend down and whisper in my ear, go home and get me pillows. They would … actually breathe in my nostrils to make me move, to get me moving.”

I’m sure you have all seen this by now. Her claim: Over 350 people treated at her hospital. Diabetics, cancer patients, and people in their 90’s. She says they were all treated with Hydroxychloroquine and no one has died. She claims it can also be used as a preventative treatment. This video was flagged and removed on social media today. Why? They claim it was staged by Breitbart as partitical propaganda. However, I am of the opinion that everyone is anti Hydroxy simply because Trump was pro hydroxy early on. You won’t change my mind.

I’m sure you have all seen this by now. Her claim: Over 350 people treated at her hospital. Diabetics, cancer patients, and people in their 90’s. She says they were all treated with Hydroxychloroquine and no one has died. She claims it can also be used as a preventative treatment. This video was flagged and removed on social media today. Why? They claim it was staged by Breitbart as partitical propaganda. However, I am of the opinion that everyone is anti Hydroxy simply because Trump was pro hydroxy early on. You won’t change my mind.

She also is a strong advocate that cervical cancer is caused by "Satan's sperm". :rolleyes: Seriously. Whether or not she happens to be saying anything true about HCQ, I'm gonna pass on her "expertise".

More likely this whole thing was staged knowing that Facebook/Twitter would remove it, which just serves to reinforce the beliefs of the president’s core base.

Either way, if you read up on what this doctor truly believes, you’d be a fool to let her be your physician.

And right on cue my Facebook feed is blowing up with Breitbart story about the wicked Twitter/Facebook.

She also is a strong advocate that cervical cancer is caused by "Satan's sperm". :rolleyes: Seriously. Whether or not she happens to be saying anything true about HCQ, I'm gonna pass on her "expertise".
But are her claims on hydroxychloroquine correct? That’s really all I care to know.

My 17 year old was in direct contact (less than 6 feet of separation) and no mask with 2 different people who tested positive. About 3 weeks apart from each other

One was his swim coach the other was a friend he rode with to get pizza. He never had any sign of being sick. If he had it with no symptoms he did not spread it to anyone In our house. I can’t figure out the spread of this virus

I was constantly around 3 family members who had it and never got sick with it back in May
To add to this I had it (the virus) but never showed symptoms, should of said that better

Last edited:
But are her claims on hydroxychloroquine correct? That’s really all I care to know.
Well there are several peer reviewed multinational studies now that would indicate she may not be correct. You can view those at NIH or PubMed. Also, I would probably wait for a more reliable source than someone who believes OBGYN issues are caused by sex with Satan's spawn to be the ace in the hole for HCQ.

I had another little talk with my sister in law few hrs ago. She is a nurse at North Side. She works on the Covid floor. It works for some but not everyone, rocephin Seems to be better.

It’s weird Because I’m super athletic, and never got symptoms, and I notice the athletic people that get it, never really get severe covid, like I run, constantly stay hooping, soccer All the time at Bradford park in concord, so I’m In really good shape, and I watch YT and I seem to notice these basketball players/athletes are always playing basketball at some different place but never seem to get covid during this whole thing so far

To my knowledge there's no such thing as a "cure" for a virus. Maybe I'm wrong. But as we were discussing earlier, once the virus infects a person, it can open the door for secondary infections. It seems beyond comprehension, to me at least, that anyone would ever think there could be a one-size fit-all "cure."

"Oh, you have COIVID. Well then, just take these meds and you'll be just fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back