• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a few hours out today and I've decided we're probably screwed no matter what. If I had to guess, probably about half (yes, including myself) did not have masks on, or they did not have them on correctly. I tried to distance myself in the mall where I could but it seemed like mall traffic was totally normal (with a lot of the food court still blocked off). Road traffic seemed quite heavy, even though it is a weekend.

Marco's Pizza, one of my guilty pleasures, still does not have dine in, but despite that, the person that works up front had no mask. There was a distancing measure implemented though.

(and yes, I'm partaking in that, but still)

I won't be wearing a mask unless it's required with consequences (or if it's posted) for two reasons though. One is that my dad decided that a mask being sat on is fine because the butt germs counteract the COVID germs, and two is a reason that's likely to be laughed at hard, but that time that I got to sit in on a couple day surgeries, I hated wearing the mask even if it was interesting to watch a surgery. My glasses would fog up, and I seem to remember starting to feel dizzy. If my memory is correct on the latter, 10/10 I'd rather chance being a part of the 95-98% than the 2-5% (not about deaths, but about the possibility of getting very ill) if I were to get it at all.

That doesn't mean that I'll give dirty looks to anyone that does.

And if it becomes a mask being required, potential 2nd lockdowns, and the sports I can get into not happening, that's why I bought a Wii Remote this afternoon and have started working on possibly doing something that I thought was unthinkable a short time ago, playing Mario Kart Wii again. Because I can actually simply just hide out, I just don't like doing it for good (so, I've been out myself once or twice a week, my parents go a little more).

Passing through Lexington NC on our way to the OBX and everybody is wearing a mask. You guys should be proud. If NC doesn’t have the best Covid numbers in 2-3 weeks then the mask theory is flawed.

Almost typed this earlier but I'll go now... My older cousin and his wife are headed to the OBX sometime in July I think. I think they require masks everywhere in public (maybe outside of the beach) and they check your temperature and if it's higher than a certain point, you're not allowed on at least 1 island. They've rented a house and said after they do their food shopping they're going to spend most time at the house and beach.

Passing through Lexington NC on our way to the OBX and everybody is wearing a mask. You guys should be proud. If NC doesn’t have the best Covid numbers in 2-3 weeks then the mask theory is flawed.
Don’t eat the barbecue there ... don’t do it wait till you cross East of Raleigh . If you want dry nasty barbecue go ahead though. You gonna pass my town in about 2 hours ! Assuming you taking 64/264 :)!

Maybe I’ll moon from the shoulder and write “ I love jimmy” on my rear

Or it could be that you are already spreading it while you await your results?

Or did I miss it that you came back negative.

Don’t eat the barbecue there ... don’t do it wait till you cross East of Raleigh . If you want dry nasty barbecue go ahead though. You gonna pass my town in about 2 hours ! Assuming you taking 64/264 :)!

Maybe I’ll moon from the shoulder and write “ I love jimmy” on my rear

Sam jones or parkers beats that Lexington garbage all day every day.

I will say from personal experience when I wear the mask it makes me hot and uncomfortable and I cant wait to take it off

And I'm not scared of a virus that 99% of people are surviving

1. It is mainly to show others that you’re respecting them enough to wear it to reduce the chance of you giving the virus to them.

2. The discomfort in wearing a mask pails in comparison to the discomfort one can get if they get the virus.

3. As Jon implied, they’re not comfortable. It is a sacrifice that all are being asked to make.

4. If you haven’t gotten it yet, consider yourself blessed and don’t take it for granted. Perhaps someone else wearing one kept you from getting it.

Last edited:
We were coming down 440 earlier and passed by The Men’s Club Of Raleigh. It was SLAMMED. I mean there must have been 100 cars parked out front. I tried not to breathe as I drove by. Covid and a lap dance. It’s a no for me dog.

Almost typed this earlier but I'll go now... My older cousin and his wife are headed to the OBX sometime in July I think. I think they require masks everywhere in public (maybe outside of the beach) and they check your temperature and if it's higher than a certain point, you're not allowed on at least 1 island. They've rented a house and said after they do their food shopping they're going to spend most time at the house and beach.
Im at the beach and no you dont have to wear a mask if you dont want to l. Ive been in several business and its fifty ,fifty wearing verse not wearing. Make your own decession. No one on the beach is wearing a mask. All is well. Usually you see workers with a mask on, but the patrons you dont. Even resteraunts.

Im at the beach and no you dont have to wear a mask if you dont want to l. Ive been in several business and its fifty ,fifty wearing verse not wearing. Make your own decession. No one on the beach is wearing a mask. All is well. Usually you see workers with a mask on, but the patrons you dont. Even resteraunts.
At my restaurant in Raleigh as long as the boss ain’t there we don’t tell people anything . My boss on the other hand is quite paranoid and wears 2 masks at once . She tells mask-less people to leave. She chose a mask mandate long before the governor did and still people walked in without one

Went into Walmart and saw a guy arguing with the poor girl working the front door about him not wearing a mask. She wasn't going to let him in and he was arguing it was his right to not wear one.

As a person I have always hated hypocrisy, and I do enjoy calling it out when I see it. Well I'm about to call this guy out.

Whether you agree with the mask rule or not (In NC), it's still in place until overturned by Cooper or a judge, so we have to deal with it. Furthermore it's 100% in Walmart's capacity to enforce a mask rule within their stores.

Remember many moons ago the Washington Baker who was sued for refusing service to a gay couple? Well, don't get pissed now when Walmart or any store refuses service because you aren't following their rules.

And furthermore, don't tell at the boy or girl running the door. They didn't make the rules, they are just doing their job so they can get a paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back