• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, the percent of positive cases relative to the number of tests is what’s important. I think the ideal is to be at or below 5 percent. Some of those states are extremely high, if I’m reading it correctly.

I’m ok with closing bars, I just don’t want everything to close down again. Especially rentals.
I made a mistake on the closing bars in Florida. They're suspending drinking alcohol in bars in Florida. No official announcement on closing bars yet but wouldn't be surprised if they do so in the coming days.

As I understand it, the percent of positive cases relative to the number of tests is what’s important. I think the ideal is to be at or below 5 percent. Some of those states are extremely high, if I’m reading it correctly.

Here is something I don't quite understand about the positive rate in this situation. Unless you are doing tons of symptomless tests, shouldnt the positive rate be high? It's the middle of summer, how many "flu like" viruses are going around?

I made a mistake on the closing bars in Florida. They're suspending drinking alcohol in bars in Florida. No official announcement on closing bars yet but wouldn't be surprised if they do so in the coming days.
Gotcha. I’m ok if they close the bars anyways. We just need the stores, Attractions and rentals to stay the open. Too much money to be lost if they go back that far.

302 NBA players were tested Tuesday and 16 NBA players tested positive for coronavirus.

Ouch, that's not a good sign if you want to see the season saved

They still have about a month to go and if they can test negative in 2 weeks they'd be fine. If they're entering the bubble soon, they should technically be fine.

But part of me wonders if whether we're even going to get there with that and baseball.

They still have about a month to go and if they can test negative in 2 weeks they'd be fine. If they're entering the bubble soon, they should technically be fine.

But part of me wonders if whether we're even going to get there with that and baseball.
Yeah, I just wonder how many additional players will get it between now and then and how tight the bubble will be, especially if Florida continues to trend worse. I hope for the best, though. I need more sports back.

I’m interested in seeing what NASCAR does when the inevitable eventually happens, too. They seem to have gotten by since restarting with no positive cases, but surely that can’t continue, especially as the South spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back